close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Dismiss Notice

You are browsing the classified section of GlockTalk.com, by doing so you agree to follow the terms of service.

http://www.glocktalk.com/pages/classifieds-tos/

AR15 Price???

Discussion in 'Smart Shopper' started by lomfs24, May 7, 2003.

1. lomfs24

lomfs24

I am looking to buy an AR-15 from a local gun shop. It is not a Colt. It has a brand new DTMS lower and a slightly used Bushmaster upper. The upper is so slightly used that it still looks brand new. It was put together by a guy that is very meticulous abd who also works at the aforementioned gun shop. He makes perfectionists look sloppy. It is in excellent shape and if I hadn't been told that it was a used upper I would have easily believed that it was a brand new gun. It has one 30 round magazine that comes with it. They are looking to get $879.00 out of it and he says that there is a little room in the price but not a lot. Is that a good price or is it a little expensive? I am wondering because I have never priced AR-15's before. The only one that I looked at the price was a Bushmaster that had a lot of work done to it and they wanted $1200 for it. Any suggestions would be helpful.

Rahn

2. Nukem

Nukem

A new DPMS lower with a used Bushy upper here in SC would run you about 650...his price seems a wee bit steep for me. I would not expect to pay more than 675-700 in a gun shop for this setup...and I'd ask for some nice GI mags to go with it if I was paying that much! Good luck.

3. jwilli

jwilli

I got an bushmaster A3 16 inch. for 835.00 in s.c. new.

4. lomfs24

lomfs24

I have done some other price checking and I have found that I will have to do a lot of bargining with him or pass on the deal. Thanks guys.