Ar parts are hard to find.. lowers too

Discussion in 'Black Rifle Forum' started by quantico, Jul 4, 2020.

1. quantico

quantico 1911 lover Millennium Member

I know were in a massive gun selling fever right now. I was looking to add a couple ar pistol lowers.. and maybe a carbine ar thats ultra light.

Have a few average quality lowers. I bought before the trump election.. and finally bought a few lower parts kits. And found a few 3 lb trigger groups. But finding stocks and braces and extension tubes and bad levers and generally some cool add on high quality parts has been a nightmare. Everyone seems out of parts and lowers and everything mag pull ever created.

Are people in fear for the future ?? Or bored and building stuff for fun ?? Or unable to buy complete ar rifles and making their own ??

I think I have enough parts to complete a couple.. but need to find a couple higher quality lowers. Any suggestions??

Anyone with V 7 light weight ar experience ??

2. NewYorker

NewYorker

Its definitely panic buying. With the clowns in the MSM, who could be bored?

Im not sure where to get AR parts atm.

3. Nemesis.

Nemesis.

Yeah. Be patient. It's supply and demand. The demand has outstripped supply. Gun and ammo manufacturers are doing great. I'm glad for them. But it's hard on us.

But they're ramping up to meet demand because it's good business. The sooner they get product to market the sooner their Cash & Cash Equivalents entry skyrockets.

The plus side for us, the experienced gun owners? The demand is fueled by cupcakes buying first, and second, and third guns because they have awakened from their complacency. They realize that if government is not the enemy, at the very least, govt is not going to sufficiently protect them from the protected demographic/cause du jour.

We're seeing millions of new gun owners entering into our camp. And the up side is that this is the kind of phenomenon our whores and pimps in Congress notice. Some of those whores (and, that's the case, with them, politically and morally) will still push the gun confiscation agenda.

But some of them will realize the new gun owners are their constituents.

Meanwhile, if anybody finds any CCI small rifle primers............

10ring1 likes this.
  4. akpls

akpls

There are literally dozens of places online to buy parts. You may not be able to get everything you need from one place... or even two or three, but I've managed to get everything I've needed for my builds with some diligent searching.

"The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me. "

porschedog likes this.
  5. Featherweight

Featherweight

I have plenty of parts and there are plenty around. Everyone is chasing a $500 to $700 rifle right now and they are hard to find.

If there is something you need right of way to complete a build Message me and I might be able to help.

6. ACE31

ACE31

January 2021 provided the orange man get back in, then things will get back to normal. If not we are all screwed.

7. kwo

kwo

Seems like the chicom have plenty of parts.

8. quantico

quantico 1911 lover Millennium Member

Have lowers and buffer tube setups.. have lower parts kits..

Ordered 2 pistol grips..
    Ordered 2 more trigger groups.
    Got one magpul basic basic stock..

Ordered a nice pin set.. and have a couple inexpensive complete 5.56 uppers..

Need parts.. or a complete pistol 5.56 pistol upper / pistol length gas.. 7 to 10 inch barrel..

Need several good quality magpul stocks.

If i build my pistol upper i need a bare upper n gas system and barrel and handguards and bolt

9. Glolt20-91

Glolt20-91

Now would be a good time to get into IR and thermal. :)

Hef likes this.
  10. cowboy1964

cowboy1964

Gonna take awhile, even if evil orange man wins. The current situation isn’t because people think he will lose, its COVID and riots.

syntaxerrorsix likes this.
  11. mac66

mac66 Huge Member Millennium Member

I'm half tempted to sell a couple of my inexpensive ARs to capitalize on the current demand. Could probably double what I paid to make them.

Hef likes this.
  12. faawrenchbndr

faawrenchbndr CLM

very true......

13. Hef

Hef

Based on what I've observed over the last few months, you could at least double your money, and likely get more than that.

14. johnnypaul

johnnypaul

I was thinking of selling my cmmg banshee 9mm. There is one going for $2400+ on gunbroker