Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
NRA Life Member
68,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just ordered a .308 AR, which I've never owned before, but everybody seems to be out of magazines for them. I ordered some D&H from Brownell's, but nobody else seems to have anything over 10 rounds - Bud's, PSA, Midway, etc.

Is there an .308 AR Magazine shortage I don't know about? Or has there been a run on magazines since the Parkland shooting?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Let the games begin! They're out at all the major Distributors as well (Lipsey's, RSR, Sports South, Davidson's, Williams, Zanders, etc.). I'm not sure if it's an actual shortage or a temporary blip of demand outpacing supply, but 5.56 PMags will be next for sure.

Reactions: Brass3

·
Premium Member
42,341 Posts
Seems the run on AR bits has already begun. Personally, I really like Knights magazines, but they are expensive and I only have a few. Lancer comes in second, I’ve had better luck with them than the metal mags. PMags bring up the end of the list for me.

Primary Arms had a few available. GunMag Warehouse is another good place to look. Stay away from the ProMag brand. Surplus Ammo is another place to look.

·
Banned
10,098 Posts
I ordered a bunch of AR mags about 2 weeks ago and realized that the better liked options already sold out. Talked to PrimaryArms sales chat and they confirmed that mags and lowers are flying of the shelves again. So I added another lower to my stash. Things are getting dicey again, that's for sure.

My favorite models are translucent / smoked Lancers.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
I ordered a bunch of AR mags about 2 weeks ago and realized that the better liked options already sold out. Talked to PrimaryArms sales chat and they confirmed that mags and lowers are flying of the shelves again. So I added another lower to my stash. Things are getting dicey again, that's for sure.

Yeap I ordered 10 aluminum okay mags not long ago and there out the higher end magazines are moving.
And Lancers are the sh!t they are my preferred go to range mag.

·
NRA Life Member
68,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
PMags came back in stock at PSA this afternoon, so I ordered some there.

Looks like Cabela's also has them in stock for the same price as PSA and most other places ($19.95).

Reactions: fnfalman

·
Premium Member
42,341 Posts

·
Registered
4,375 Posts

I'm all set on mags in my book, I'm satisfied. But I did stock up on more lowers Friday. Something just told me to. Just used the last of seven bought the end if 16.

·
Registered
4,375 Posts

·
NRA Life Member
68,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Must have been a run. I just ordered some 308 PMAGs a couple weeks ago and they were in stock everywhere. Almost gave the LANCER L7AWMs a shot. But I know the PMAGs work so I didn't risk it.
Yeah, I suspect a "OMG a ban is coming!" bump in sales and people keep far fewer .308 AR mags in stock, if any, so those sold out fast.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.