Glock Talk banner
21 - 40 of 43 Posts
I still say get an ASAP and a MS3. Then if you want a two point, add a front attachment on the gun and you have both setups.
Agreed. I'm a fan of the Magpul slings for their adaptability. I like two point slings and generally find then more comfortable than one points. However, I always come back to one points for tactical use because they offer me the ability to shoot off of either shoulder easily and are more unobtrusive.

Just my 2 cents though!

Posted from my iPhone 4s via Outdoor Hub mobile

Here is my current set up

Have you tried an adjustable 2 point like vtac? Best sling I've ever used, used to have a single point and realized there's no way to secure it when going hands on or climbing. Also with an adjustable 2 pt you can really crank it down for a more stable shooting platform. Just my 2 cents

Sent from my iPhone... which probably auto-corrected something wrong

I get them off ebay.

The only reason we use the bungee set up is because the car is shared by up to four officers so we need some stretch in the sling set up in case the lazy officer forgets to adjust the slings to themselves when they start their shift (99% of the time)

It makes it easier if they need to pull it longer to fit them.

I get them off ebay.

The only reason we use the bungee set up is because the car is shared by up to four officers so we need some stretch in the sling set up in case the lazy officer forgets to adjust the slings to themselves when they start their shift (99% of the time)

It makes it easier if they need to pull it longer to fit them.
All 4 use the same rifle? How does that work, who is it zeroed for?

We have pool rifles here too. Colt 6721. Carry handles and FSB.

Zeroed to 50 yards by a Firearms Instructor/armorer. Usually myself. It's not perfect, but I don't have a better idea.

Most everyone is buying their own. We are down to 10 pool rifles now.

Magpul slings for their adaptability of one/two point.

Single point slings may be OK for tac team use, but are not ideal for patrol rifle setups in general. Inside a house in full ninja turtle gear, you can expect to do a lot of shoulder-swaps, and the one-point is good for that. With all your **** on, you can let the rifle hang, and it likely won't nut-smack you, especially an SBR. Most patrol vests aren't set up with 12 acres of molle pouches and a groin protector to keep the boys safe.

There are lot of good 2point slings out there (blue force gear, vtac) and convertible 1 to 2 point slings (magpul MS3) that will be better for general patrol work. Get the ASAP and an MS3, and you pretty well are set up.

All department rifles are zeroed by me and then another officer shoots it to verify and it's pretty much dead on.

Each officer that uses the car shoots the rifle as well and so far we have been lucky. It shoots where they aim it.

Maybe my eyes are universal.
:supergrin:

All department rifles are zeroed by me and then another officer shoots it to verify and it's pretty much dead on.

Each officer that uses the car shoots the rifle as well and so far we have been lucky. It shoots where they aim it.

Maybe my eyes are universal.
:supergrin:
Ah gotcha, I wasn't sure if having one zero for everyone would cause problems. Just seems like everyone would have their own way of shooting and didn't know if that would effect groups at all.

We have pool rifles here too. Colt 6721. Carry handles and FSB.

Zeroed to 50 yards by a Firearms Instructor/armorer. Usually myself. It's not perfect, but I don't have a better idea.

Most everyone is buying their own. We are down to 10 pool rifles now.
We have dept owned rifles, but they are assigned to and zeroed by that officer. All personally owned rifles are owned zeroed by that officer during rifle class. Wasn't sure if one zero would work for everyone, cool that it does. Would that translate to red dots as well?

Wasn't sure if one zero would work for everyone, cool that it does. Would that translate to red dots as well?
I've been to rifle classes where they zeroed you in to every exact CLICK so it was juuuuust perfect for you, at least the way you were holding it that day. Then the most recent instructor I had (at my new dept) would just spin the adjustment wheel one way, and have me shoot. Look at my group, then spin it whichever way needed. Have me shoot again until the group was closer. Not a lot of precision, but he stopped adjusting when my group was relatively tight. The way he explained it, our LEO patrol rifle usage is not to make any single-dot precision sniper shots... but to get the rounds approximately where we aim, quickly. Gave me a different way of looking at things.

^^ I think that's the principle behind department rifles. Not perfect for anyone, but will work for everyone.

We have dept owned rifles, but they are assigned to and zeroed by that officer. All personally owned rifles are owned zeroed by that officer during rifle class. Wasn't sure if one zero would work for everyone, cool that it does. Would that translate to red dots as well?

It would if we had optics. Plain Jane 6721s with carry handle and a **** sling and old incan surefire lights with craptastic pressure switches.

I'm working on refurbing all of them with MOE hand guards, led drop ins, scout mounts and clicky caps, and asaps with MS3s.

Just waiting for the budget to come through.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

It would if we had optics. Plain Jane 6721s with carry handle and a **** sling and old incan surefire lights with craptastic pressure switches.

I'm working on refurbing all of them with MOE hand guards, led drop ins, scout mounts and clicky caps, and asaps with MS3s.

Just waiting for the budget to come through.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine
Those are going to be some sweet pool rifles!

If you're stuck on a single-point sling for a carbine, I say go with a Gear Sector A.S.P. For a two point...my personal preference for a carbine...I say go with a two-point like the Vickers VCAS. If you're holding your rifle and it's time to go hands-on, it's awfully nice to be able to pull the rifle close with a two-point sling.

I personally stick with single-points for SBRs and two-points for carbines for patrol use.

There's always the best of both worlds with a Magpul sling, the QD MS3 being a favorite for me right now.

Single point slings may be OK for tac team use, but are not ideal for patrol rifle setups in general. Inside a house in full ninja turtle gear, you can expect to do a lot of shoulder-swaps, and the one-point is good for that. With all your **** on, you can let the rifle hang, and it likely won't nut-smack you, especially an SBR. Most patrol vests aren't set up with 12 acres of molle pouches and a groin protector to keep the boys safe.

There are lot of good 2point slings out there (blue force gear, vtac) and convertible 1 to 2 point slings (magpul MS3) that will be better for general patrol work. Get the ASAP and an MS3, and you pretty well are set up.
What he said ^^^^^!

Even better, if you already have a nicely staked castle nut, just go with the http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/pid=27321/sku=100-004-055/Product/Pro-Grade-Sling-Adapter-Blackthat slips over the buffer tubes. Good gear.

I bought a Tactical Tailor single point and after getting hit the in the junk a couple times and getting banged in the knees picked up a VTAC 5.11 2 point padded sling.
Sling weak arm and head through hole of one point like God intended and you won't get hit in the junk...

21 - 40 of 43 Posts
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.