Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
First throwing ax bullseye.
2,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been working out almost exclusively with kettlebells for about nine years now. Back in November I decided to set a goal of trying to do 200 snatches (kettlebell exercise you perverts :) ) in ten minutes. The ultimate goal is 200 with a 24kg kettlebell. I have worked my way up to being able to do that with a 16kg kettlebell. Wednesday I did it in 9:56 nonstop, 100 reps on the left switch and do 100 on the right without setting it down. Today I started working out with a 20kg kettlebell. I had a rough time because it's new and the texture of the handle caused me to blister in new places. Hopefully before too much longer I can move up to the 24. According to the log I'm keeping I have documented 8230 snatches since November 16th.

Reactions: BradD

·
GTDS Member #49
10,104 Posts
Sounds like work. I'm thinking of trying 'knockerball.' Looks fun, and might be good for aerobic exercise.

·
First throwing ax bullseye.
2,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds like work. I'm thinking of trying 'knockerball.' Looks fun, and might be good for aerobic exercise.
I had to look that up. Never heard of it. Could be fun though.

It is a lot of work. But that is the point. :nsb:

·
This is Barta!
292 Posts
I was able to make the Russian Kettlebell test with a 53lb for 100 reps in 5 min. I finally got 200 in 10 min with a 45lb last week. (It sucked kettle balls). Trying for the same with the 53lb (because I hate myself, apparently). There is a good pod cast on Joe Rogan (You’re working out wrong). Pretty interesting and goes along with what my old BJJ instructor used to teach.

Reactions: BradD
1 - 5 of 5 Posts