close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Appliance Repair- Whirlpool Dryer Not Shutting Off

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Kodi, Apr 8, 2010.

1. Kodi

Kodi Millennium Member

We have a Whirlpool Ultimate CareII electric clothes dryer that will not shut off with the automatic shutoff. It appears as if the timer rotates on a timed cycle. Anyone have any advice on what needs to be repaired?

2. Halojumper

Halojumper

My first guess would be the switch. If it's new, it should be covered under warranty. If it's not, it should be a simple swap. Be careful when you put it back together. Remember, a dryer is 220.

3. yam

yam

The element is 220, the controls are 110. But still unplug before you mess with it. What do you mean by automatic shutoff? When you open the door it does not shut off? or what? More specific and maybe I can help.

4. Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday CLM

On some Whirlpool models, there is a small computer board inside the console that controls the 'auto dry' (the board takes a reading from inside the drum and determines how much dampness is still left in the clothes).

Try the plain old 'Timed Dry' cycle (not on the 'Auto Dry' cycle) and see if it works alright, and finishes the cycle normally. If so, you've got a bad board.

5. Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday CLM

Before you start tearing it apart, you'll probably only have to loosen two screws on the backside of the console and then flip the entire console up, to see everything under the control panel.
    PM me with a model number if you need help.