close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Appleseed Project

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Glock Man_G19, Apr 8, 2010.

1. Glock Man_G19

Glock Man_G19

Have any of you guys heard of them before? A friend sent this to me and I'm curious if anyone has any experience with these folks. Was the class good/bad etc?

http://appleseedinfo.org/index.html

2. chris in va

chris in va

I took the weekend class about three years ago. Primary focus is teaching proper rifle marksmanship in varying positions such as prone, sitting and standing. As a matter of fact, that's all we did the second day...felt like I was doing calisthenics.

Word of advice, if you take the course be sure to either borrow or buy a Ruger 10/22. Don't waste your money on centerfire ammunition. You'll go through roughly 450 rounds in two days.

3. shotgunred

shotgunred local trouble maker

They teach WW2 type marksmanship.

You will be tired, sore and a better shot at the end of the weekend.

Definitely bring a semi-auto 22 long rifle and a good shooting mat.

4. Glock Man_G19

Glock Man_G19

Thanks guys. I'm glad someone here has taken the class. I appreciate the advice on shooting a .22.

5. HKUSP45Css

HKUSP45Css

I haven't attended an appleseed shoot but, I've never, once, in the years I've seen peope asking about them witnessed ONE bad review.

Even the folks that tore it down for not being all high-speed-low-drag and tacticool had to admit they learned how to be a better rifle marksman.

They simulate long range shots with small targets up close, it's not an exact science (no accounting for wind or drop or the like) but, it's supposed to be good training.

They also have tons of instructors for the classes so there's not much chance of getting left behind or out.

6. WmHBonney

WmHBonney

I was going to sign my son and I up for a course last year but I couldn't get the time off. I thought it would be fun and informative.

7. Arquebus12

Arquebus12 Non-broccophobe CLM

Great organization with legitimate designs on teaching marksmanship/general riflery. Well worth examining, and at the very least, a damn good time.

Highly recommended.

8. Usagi

Usagi

I attended one. Enjoyed it. My review.

Most enjoy it. Some do not.
    This one liked it. Of course, he (Mas Ayoob) is an avid shooter.
    This one hated it.
    This one felt it was mis-branded.
    This one liked some parts, and didn't like some parts.

Not hard to find a good review. Not hard to find an objective review. Not hard to find a less than favorable review.

Program does do as they advertise on the website. Be careful about what yahoos on internet forums say... they can frequently misinform potential Appleseed students. Seek info from the source and it will be fairly accurate.

9. ken grant

ken grant

A VERY BIG +10 on attending an Appleseed. Even better would be a Rifleman's Boot Camp.
    I attended the first Boot Camp, camped on the range at Ramseur for 9 days.Loved every minute of it but it wore me down and really took a couple of weeks to get over it( was 69 yrs. old at the time) Got my "Rifleman's Badge" there.
    I shot a M14A( well before ammo went up) and fired a large number of rds.

Attended the first Toccoa,Ga. Appleseed with my son and grandson. By then .22s were common at the shoots.
    I shot my M14A the first day,my son an AR15 & grandson a 10/22 with Tech Sights. I more or less set out the 2nd. day (70 then & got tired) and let my son shoot the M14A and my grandson the AR.

I was packing up my truck to go to B.C. #2 at Ramseur, planning to camp on the range again but started having chest pains and decided I had better not attend.
    Went to Dr., he put me in hospital and I had 2 blockages and had stents installed.

If you want to learn to shoot a rifle, an Appleseed is some of the best instruction on the planet