Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive got holsters for three different guns to carry them appendix. I don't have a proper holster for my G29. I did find a sticky holster that I got for it in my holster drawer. I was wondering if anybody carries in one of these holsters in the appendix position? I've seen a few videos saying don't do it, but want to hear from those with any experience carrying in a sticky holster.

·
Registered
8,844 Posts
I have a Sticky Holster, but have only pocket carried it. I cannot fathom carrying one stuck down in my waist, especially pointed at my squishy bits. Supposedly there is retention and the gun won't pop out on the floor at Wal-mart, but I just cannot trust a piece of neoprene as a holster - especially with no mechanical retention, no hook, no belt loop, no nothing. Can't imagine possible running with one of those things stuck down my pants, without the gun flying out. I try to figure out what can go wrong, and then correct it before it happens. A Sticky Holster just seems wrong to me, but some guys say they work. Seems like its the mostly under 30 crowd who is willing to go that route. But I expect that you will hear some good things about them too. Just not from me.

·
Registered
224 Posts
I have a Sticky Holster and a Remora holster but prefer the Clinger Comfort Cling over any of these style holsters. The best thing about the Clinger Vs the others is that the bottom of the pouch is open, meaning there isn’t a hard gathered seam to rub against my abdomen.

I have used them to carry AIWB frequently while my never ending search for the perfect AIWB Kydex holster continues. I find a kydex style, use it for a while then go back to the Clinger Comfort Cling, then back to a kydex.

Powernoodle brings up a good point though. Running. As an older fart, I dont really do much if any running any more. Quick moves and quick jogs to keep up with the grandkids and keep them from the street or whatever. I aint chasing no criminals and as of yet, aint had to run from any either. I lead a fairly boring life.

The Comfort Cling has performed great for my lifestyle. And it really is very comfortable. It allows me to do a negative cant during AWIB so that the grip is half covered by my belt to aid in reduced printing. (Please! No scolding me about reduced ability for ultra quick draws. You all do your thing and I’ll do mine.) The Clinger Comfort Cling is in my holster tool box along with some leather and kydex holsters and continues to get regular use depending on what I’m wearing, weapon carried, etc, etc.

As for Kydex, I have recently got into the Concealment Express brand and also a fan of the Clinger brand kydex holsters. But the Clinger Comfort Cling aint going nowhere’s.

·
Registered
3,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have a Galco Stow n Go for my shields in 9.,45 and G19.I cant seen to find one for my G29. If I went the route of kydex it's going to have to have a leather or neoprene backing. I tried the route of all kydex and couldn't stand it. Im also left handed which doesn't help.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
I have a few Sticky Holsters, and carry ~100% AIWB. Not usually off premises w/StHo, but now that’s NY reload has become de rigueur when I do go out & about, I use the StHo holding a G27 @ 11:00, left handed, with a Stoner holster hiding a G23 at 1:00. I don’t run hurdles or anything but it stays put in StHo.
Otherwise I use StHo ~50% at home, at 1:00. All good then too.
YMMV

Ed

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
I can't abide AIWB with the thought that any failure, human or mechanical, will send a shot into body parts. The actual worry is the off hand femoral leg artery, veins and femur. This is fast bleed out artery.
I use sticky holsters for pocket carry and an IWB in a cross draw position for larger compact pistols.

·
G43 Fanboy
1,980 Posts
I also have Sticky and Remora holsters for my smaller guns, but I use them strictly for pocket carry. I just don’t trust those soft holsters as effective IWB holsters due to the lack of enough retention whether carrying on my strong side or appendix...

·
Wut?
2,526 Posts
Whenever I've tried to carry IWB (strong side about 2:30) with a Sticky Holster, and I've had several, they move around. I don't feel confident with them, except in the pocket.

·
NRA Life Member
5,388 Posts
Uncle Mike's #12 AIWB for the G26 & G30..

S&W 640Pro has a Desantis Clip-Grip - Works best in pants, shorts... and if you are really feeling wild - Sweatpants!

Probably for the last decade... works for me, and my back doesn't hurt.

Sticky Holster? Naawww... that wouldn't work out good for me.

It's all about the training and testing. That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

Who's Next?
:waving:

·
Registered
3,282 Posts
Since I suffer a degree of "Donelap" disease, appendix carry is out of the question for me. As to the holster though, I've used Sticky and Remora holsters. I don't use the Sticky any more, but have carried an M&P .40 and a FS Beretta PX4 in a Remora at 4 o'clock with no problem. No movement at all, and was super comfortable all day. When using either, I've never had a gun come out.

·
Registered
13,233 Posts
I don't carry appendix, but do cary IWB in a Sticky. the holster and the gun are quite secure with this setup.
I have been carrying this way for several years.

Reactions: Pierre!

·
Registered
134 Posts
The only handgun I carry in a Sticky holster is a hammerless .357 revolver 5 shot at about 2:30. Mostly loaded with .38 +P and a speed strip. Going on 3yrs now and never a problem. When not serving as my ‘quick trip to the store gun’ it’s on my ankle as backup to a G26 Gen4 with an extra G19 mag.

·
Registered
2,354 Posts
I am a fan of AIWB just ordered a Keepers Concealment, Cornerstone Holster. Will post review when i get it

1 - 14 of 14 Posts