Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
8,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The one at the bottom right is the first year they made it in stainless.

·
Don't Jump!
4,618 Posts
You only need one of those, the Surge. The best Leatherman ever made.

I've worn out three of them (Leatherman replaced them for free :D). I like it so much I have a primary and a back up. It's pretty much on my hip every day, and gets used every day. I can fix darn near anything with that tool.

Edit, now that I have my glasses on, I see that you have two Wave's. I thought one was a Surge. So, I will change my comment to "You need one more, a Surge" ;)

·
Mentally Frozen
28,365 Posts
you don't have a multi-tool problem, you have a multiple tools problem.

·
Registered
8,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You only need one of those, the Surge. The best Leatherman ever made.

I've worn out three of them (Leatherman replaced them for free :D). I like it so much I have a primary and a back up. It's pretty much on my hip every day, and gets used every day. I can fix darn near anything with that tool.
I like Leatherman because the blades are on the outside. I like Gerber too though because of being able to open the pliers one-handed.

·
Registered
10,794 Posts
I have always preferred my Supertool.....

:fred:

·
Registered
14,116 Posts
This thread reminds me that my Wave has a broken jaw on the pliers....

Has anybody here ever sent a Leatherman back for repair? I figure that even if they charge me instead of doing it as a warranty repair, it will still be cheaper than a new Wave....

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Me too. I have a Supertool that I have had for 20 years, and it was on my belt everyday for a long time. Then I got a Rebar when they came out. That was my favorite and it replaced the Supertool which went to my bag. Then on a trip back from Miami, I assume the baggage guys decided they needed it worse than me, because it didn't make it back. (was in my checked luggage) I replaced that with a OHT, but I really like the Rebar better. I also have a Surge, a Skeletool and a Micra.

Reactions: orangejeep06

·
Registered
8,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
This thread reminds me that my Wave has a broken jaw on the pliers....

Has anybody here ever sent a Leatherman back for repair? I figure that even if they charge me instead of doing it as a warranty repair, it will still be cheaper than a new Wave....
I haven't myself. I've heard their customer service is outstanding though. I bet they'd replace it no charge.

I found this on their site. Maybe it will be of some help:
https://www.leatherman.com/CustomerService-Warranty.html

·
Registered
8,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
You have too many... i don't have enough. I sense a Bernie Sanders thing coming on
When I laid them out on the kitchen island for this picture, my wife thought I was nuts for having so many.

In truth though, other than in this pic, they are all in their dedicated spots:
* motorcycle side bag
* car glove box
* shooting range bag
* "junk" drawer in the kitchen
* briefcase for work

·
Registered
14,116 Posts
I haven't myself. I've heard their customer service is outstanding though. I bet they'd replace it no charge.

I found this on their site. Maybe it will be of some help:
https://www.leatherman.com/CustomerService-Warranty.html
Thanks, saw that as well in my Internet searching... I need to send them an email. It'ss a geat tool, and it only broke because I was too lazy to walk to the truck for the right tool and used the pliers jaws as a pry tool; NOT the tool's fault, that one is on me for sure.

Edit to add: it's not a Wave, it's a Core...

0427201828a_HDR.jpg

·
Registered
7,059 Posts
I have a similar problem, I love my Gerber Centerpunch with the center oriented driver socket. the only thing I don't like is it's like wearing a brick on my belt and it pulls my pants down all day.

I think I have 4-5 leathermans and the centerpunch. My favorite in theory is the Leatherman skeletool because of its size but the bits always fall out and it's too sharp up top for pocket carry.

Reactions: Green Dragoon

·
Registered
6,283 Posts
Need to snag me another Leatherman.

Got my last one taken by TSA in Indiana. Totally my fault, just forgot when swapping bags.

Have a Gerber, whatever model, as my go to, but it's nowhere near as nice or versatile as Leatherman.
Also have several smaller whatever brands. Basically throw aways or gifts.

Leatherman RULES for multi tools imo.

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
When I laid them out on the kitchen island for this picture, my wife thought I was nuts for having so many.

In truth though, other than in this pic, they are all in their dedicated spots:
* motorcycle side bag
* car glove box
* shooting range bag
* "junk" drawer in the kitchen
* briefcase for work
Exactly! It's like having Glocks: 1 for the range/matches, one for EDC, one for the nightstand, one for the spouse, etc, etc. Never heard of "too many.":dancing:

·
NRA Life Member
66,434 Posts
I probably have more than that, but I didn't realize I was hoarding. Obviously some of these are gun-specific. I used to have more of the black Gerbers that the Army keeps issuing to me, but I gave away 2 or 3. I think there is at least one more of those Gerbers in the Army gear.

multitools.JPG

1 - 20 of 59 Posts