Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know most guys will say not to mess with the internals of a gun on a carry gun but this Apex Tactical Trigger has a very good reliability record. I haven't ordered one yet. Anyone here in the Glock forum who has evet tried the Apex Tactical trigger? I want to here your thoughts about it. Thanks

·
Registered
322 Posts
I also plan on doing the Apex trigger. I have read nothing but good things about them. I was of the same mind set as Mr. Centuriator above, just doing the trigger is doing the least to your gun. All the springs are the same still and you are using a OEM glock connector bar. I say go for it, i know i am going to.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I
If you install just the trigger and trigger bar I can see no down side. The Apex triggers are fantastic. I love straight triggers. They are VERY reliable and you are doing the most minimal thing you can do to a Glock trigger group. You are not messing with the springs or even the connector bar. I'd say go for it.

My vote is YES
Yeah I only hear of guys in PA. where I live putting Apex triggers in there Glocks. I'm not sure about the Glock minus connector. People can tell me to practice, practice, practice with the stock Glock trigger. When another trigger is better and reliable thats what Im going with. I think the Apex Tactical trigger kit is around $99 on Midway USA.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Let me make this as clear as possible.

Question: Is a flat face trigger is a great improvement on the Glock's stock trigger?

Answer:
YES.

Question: Do you have to replace the stock trigger to shoot a Glock effectively?

Answer:
NO

Do you HAVE to keep it stock? NO.

Again, the APEX flat trigger is a great improvement because you are NOT replacing the connector, or any springs, just the FN grigger and trigger bar.

Easy. Peasy.
Is it simple to install the trigger and trigger bar? I'd hate to order it and then not put the Apex in right. I talked to a guy who had Apex triggers in all his Glocks. He told me it lightened the trigger. Not sure of the setup. Also I see a safety plunger to the Apex Tactical trigger. It can be added but I'm not sure if it causes reliability issues.

·
Registered
322 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
I was never a proponent of changing out stock parts, but the Apex triggers are awesome. They really don't lighten the trigger pull, it just becomes a bit smoother due to the geometry of the trigger itself. It is nothing more then an aluminum trigger shoe on a stock Glock trigger bar. I've dropped this setup into 3 of my glocks, a 34 which is a range toy, a 23 and a 27 which are EDC guns, with the 27 taking over more of that role. I wouldn't worry too much about the reliability of these triggers. They have proven to be as reliable as Hillary telling a lie...

·
USMC (MOS 0369) (RVN 69-70)
2,620 Posts
Again, the APEX flat trigger is a great improvement because you are NOT replacing the connector, or any springs, just the FN trigger and trigger bar.
Completely agree. I use the Overwatch Precision Combat (TAC) trigger because you are just replacing the trigger bar (this one happens to be Robar NP3 coated) and the trigger. It does not lighten the trigger at all and has been measured at 5.5 lbs every time. Shorter take up and quick reset are great. The flat trigger IMHO truly improves performance.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Yep. Never would have believed that an aftermarket trigger would make a difference. Great trigger for the money. Initially I picked up a used trigger and bar to try out. Flat face much better feel. Went ahead and picked up kit trigger and bar, connector and safety plunger very smooth . Would never go back. Well worth the money. Kit is the way to go.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts