close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Apache sim, anyone know any good ones?

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by kel, Dec 4, 2004.

1. kel

kel

I love combat helicopter sims, nothing is sweeter then being able to move with six degrees of freedom and hug the ground at 160 knots. I haven't seen a decent apache sim since Jane's longbow 2. I am still amazed by the accuracy of the avionics and targeting systems (flight model I'm told had some inaccuracies). Unfortunately longbow 2 will not run on any newer computers :-(

Anyone know of a worthy successor to longbow 2? I am really hankering for a combat helicopter sim but I can't find anything even half decent.

2. SpiritZeroThree

SpiritZeroThree

negative on anything new, but i coulda sworn i had LB2 running in Win XP a while back. time for me to break out the CD's and try it again

3. G36pilot

G36pilot

Spirit, let us know how that works out. I'm considering installing Jane's Longbow 2 on a new system when it's finished, IF I can't find an updated version.

G36pilot

4. kel

kel

Now I'm considering digging the discs out.
    Anyone up for flying as my gunner? I've always wished I could find someone willing to do that... I really think that in two seaters they should have a totally simulated gunner available who talks to you and tells you where he wants to go/do like a real one.

5. AME206350

AME206350

Janes Longbow 2 is definetely the high watermark of Apache sims, and combat helicopter flight sims in general. I tried to run it on my Windows XP PC with no luck. Dated graphics aside there is simply nothing better. (I've played them all).