Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Scouts Out
23,815 Posts
Dunno about wasting, there are a buttload of hits per minute on that site and ad revenue has got to be good with it.

Wonder if they're mulling over the daily kos as well.

·
Scouts Out
23,815 Posts
For a certain the ad revenue is good. I was referring to the content, which I personally don't enjoy.
Ahh, that's why I'm curious if they're interested in the dailykos :supergrin:

·
Got ointment?
4,284 Posts
I will never understand the business model that allows for paying 1/4 BILLion dollars for essentially a domain name that can be had for $20 per year.

I can't imagine how they will make that money back.

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
If you look at the agreement, it looks more like Huffington took over AOL. From what I read, she gets to make most of the decisions now.

·
RIP Stan Lee.. . .
17,501 Posts
If you look at the agreement, it looks more like Huffington took over AOL. From what I read, she gets to make most of the decisions now.
She gets to control all AOL on-line content?

And yet America's corporate media claims to be un-biased. .

·
Banned
1,172 Posts
WTF does AOL even do anymore?

·
Raven
12,747 Posts
WTF does AOL even do anymore?
They still manufacture software that almost fits the definition of a virus, absolutely fits the definitions of mal/bloat/spyware. They distribute this software to old, country types who don't know much about computers and have crap connections already. Then they datamine and other unethical crap.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Dunno about wasting, there are a buttload of hits per minute on that site and ad revenue has got to be good with it.
Well, AOL paid $12.65 per monthly user, which represents 30 times the site's annual earnings. That's pretty dang high!

The real question is: What will the net impact be on AOL's legacy brands? Will people be boycotting other AOL properties like MapQuest out of spite (I will be). Are there enough H.P. users who were not already using AOL to fill in the void created by those who will stop using AOL?

Keep in mind that while Huffington owned 2 or 3 sites, AOL owns a few dozen. So if people do boycott the entire AOL family, you'd need about 12 NEW (who did not previously use AOL products) Huffington users to offset each conservative AOL user who is leaving.

So AOL paid probably around $100 million too much, for the privilege of driving away legacy customers. So yeah,I'd have to agree that this is a waste of shareholder money.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts