Anyway to change the title of a thread?

Discussion in 'Announcements & Support' started by Bigjoe08, Mar 20, 2007.

1. Bigjoe08

Bigjoe08

I have an item for sale and want to reduce the price, but don't know how.

2. DJ Niner

DJ Niner Moderator

There is no way for a user to personally edit the title of a thread. You have two options:

- PM the Moderator of that forum, include the URL/address for that thread, and ask him/her to change it for you. I recommend replacing the price with something more generic (Price Lowered!) instead of a dollar amount, because a Mod Edit is probably only going to happen once; they only have so much time for everything they need to do.

or,

- Start another thread with the new price (once again, don't put the price in the title, put it in the first post, which you CAN edit later if needed), then copy the URL/address. Make a final post in the old thread, saying "Price Lowered! See Here:" and add the link you copied, which leads to the new thread. Also ask folks not to post any more in that thread, and (hopefully) it will be quickly buried by new threads/posts. If folks continue to post to that thread, as a final step, you can ask the Moderator to lock it.

Normally, according to the GT rules you can't have two threads running on the same subject, so if a Moderator mentions it, refer them to this thread. If anyone else complains, well, be polite but tell them it was special circumstances and you asked how to solve the problem and this was a suggested solution in this special case. Make the new thread a little bit different than the old one, and most folks won't realize it's a repost unless they see the link in the old thread.

This is the first time I've suggested this, so if it's a bad idea, I'll take the heat. Then I'll know not to suggest it again, too. :supergrin:

3. Bigjoe08

Bigjoe08

Thank you very much!!!