close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

anytime fitness..

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by harleyfx69, Jan 1, 2010.

1. harleyfx69

harleyfx69

anyone a member ?

we have two gyms in my town,

and i need to become a member of one of them,

the other one is expensive, but i went to check this one out today and they are closed for the new years day,

is anyone a member and how much does it cost for startup and monthly / yearly ?

also how are the facilitys,

i would like a weight room, and treadmill / stair climbers

2. boats1

boats1

Our local one is relatively new and very nice (clean). I believe they currently do not have an initiation fee and charge $30/Mo if you have auto deduction. All the equipment you could ask for, TVs, shower, etc., etc. Good luck.

3. packinaglock

packinaglock John 3:16

My sister owns one in Kennesaw Ga. Im not sure what the rates are though.

4. scwine

scwine ^%(#@$^!!!!!!!

Been a member for about 3 yrs. I like the one I go to, b/c it is never crowded, like having my own gym. I think I pay around $37.00/month.

5. den888

den888

I work out without a gym. I have a room in my home with a treadmill and weights. I also run outside.

6. Just1More

Just1More

It's "New shoe month". Check out all the new faces at the gym. They'll be gone by February. Funny stuff.

7. harleyfx69

harleyfx69

hope that wasnt directed towards me ..

i need another gym because the one at my school that i am already paying for currently has bulldozers and construction equipment parked on its old foundation ..

8. doktarZues

doktarZues I'm anti-anti

Having worked out for a near contiguous period of 5 years when I was in the army..can't say I blame them. A lot of gym "regulars" are some of the most judgmental snobs I've ever met in my life (present company excluded, I'm sure). Once I got over myself I realized I can stay in great shape jogging and doing anaerobic calisthenics. So I guess my point is a lot of people realize they don't need a gym to get in shape, and may find a sidewalk to be better company than the majority crowd of gyms. If it makes you feel better to think they are wusses who aren't meathead material, go for it.

9. Just1More

Just1More

I'm a stud and I can't help it.

10. cgwahl

cgwahl Sheriffs a near

I guess you gotta pay it if theres no alternative, but $30+ a month for a gym just seems excessive to me. Then again, I'm cheap. $20 is my breaking point. Was happy when I found one that charges $12 (technically $13 since they make you pay a yearly fee of $12).

Was driving through Malibu the other day and they were offering sale prices to the local high school students at something like $60 or $75 a month. The sales price.. Was thinking, holy crap. Especially when most people just keep paying and never go.

11. CMCO

CMCO

If you have a 24 hour fitness in your town you can ger a two year membership through Costco for a little under 300 or about 13 dollars a month.