Glock 17 anyone with small to average hands have a G17?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by GSD4ME, May 30, 2005.

Tags:
  1. GSD4ME

GSD4ME

And how is it to shoot? Really leaning towards it but not to sure if it will be ok for me sense i really don't have large hands. I know you will mention the G19 but want a 17.

2. trozau

trozau troy ounce gold

I do and I have shot both G17 and G19 as well as a G32 with a 9mm conversion barrel. Personally, I don't feel that much difference in recoil between the full size and the compact size 9mm. The longer sight radius on the G17 gives a slight edge for targets beyond the defense range. Try them both and decide for yourself. :cool:

3. jhokie

jhokie

Well, the grip on the 19 is exactly the same width and thickness as the 17, so honestly I dont think a 19 is gonna offer much advantage there. Only difference is the taller frame of the 17.

4. matrixman

matrixman

I have a 2nd (no fingergrips or accessory rail) and a 3rd generation (includes fingergrips and accessory rail) G17 model. I have small hands and I personally find the 2nd generation models easier to shoot. With the 2nd generation, my hands tend to wrap around the grips easier and my fingers are not restricted to the conform to the fingergrips. Find a buddy and shoot a 3rd generation G17 and see if you like it as well. Either way, a G17 is a great starter Glock.

5. The-Fly

The-Fly The Bofh

i have fairly small hands, and i have a 3rd gen glock 17 with hogue grips, and i shoot it just fine.

6. Timmah!

Timmah! Senior Jackass

You say you want the 17. Get the 17, man.
    Don't let us talk you into something you don't like as much.
    You're not (or shouldn't be) trying to impress us.;)

If you have small hands, consider a 2nd generation 17
    Some prefer the absence of the finger grooves a +.
    Oh yeah, use Agrip....it will help.
    Hope this helps.

7. striderglock

striderglock HVACR

Try both and see what you like. I don't have small hands and the 19 feels more secure and solid than my 17 did.

8. hotpig

hotpig IAFF Local 4766 CLM

I have short stubby fingers. The Glocks are not real comfortable like a 1911 in my hands. But they are better than some of the other handguns.

9. DonGlock26

DonGlock26

My favorite 9mm hi-cap pistol for guys with small mitts is the Beretta 92FS Vertec. The backstrap is straight like a 1911. it makes a big difference for me. The grip panels are very thin as well. Mine's a keeper.^c

10. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

I have small to average hand (my glove size is Small or Medium depending on the maker) and the G17's grip fits just fine.

11. zippo

zippo

I have small hand also... but G17 is fine for me. when U have it U will learn to grip is very fast. but I like old 2nd (no fingergrips )better then new one. hope is help all G17,G19 orG34 is same size grip I think G34 better shooting for target that my choice.
    Zippo :) :cool: