close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Anyone who is versed in KAHR pistols?

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by albinlee, Jun 1, 2010.

1. GOOFA

GOOFA

The CW9 would be the best for your situation. I have three CW9's along with a PM9, a MK9, a K9 and a K9 Elite. The only slouch in the bunch is the K9, and that because of that NYC trigger. I'll either change out the trigger or sell it. Actually the CW9 is a steal.

2. scprotector1

scprotector1 LoneStarGlocker

I just bought a PM9 for my girlfriend today and she loves it, i got it for 634.00 brand new. I dont consider that as too high in price. They are very good pistols and if it were me needing a pistol for summer id personally stick to my G19. But if I needed a pistol for beach carry since im 30 min away from S. Padre Island, id opt for the Kahr PM9-no shirt, no shoes, big pocket-no problem!

3. glock360

glock360

I know from personal experience the PM9 is a reliable and also accurate for its size.

IMO it’s the finest made pistol of its size, weight, and caliber.

4. tedwhite

tedwhite Millennium Member

How about the newly released Kahr CM9? Anybody have one?

5. greenlion

greenlion

I've owned both the pistols in your original question. Both were 100% and I didn't see any difference other than cosmetic. I don't own either now. I only have the PM9. I found that the frame on the P9 is so long that the GLOCK 26 actually conceals better than the P9. I couldn't see the point in not carrying the GLOCK at that point. The PM9 on the other hand is MUCH easier to conceal with its shorter grip, and it is much slimmer than the GLOCK.

6. xICEMANx

xICEMANx

Yes and I love it! Very accurate and soft shooting for a pocket 9mm. IMO it's a better option for carry because it can be carried OWB, IWB, and pocket. It's my every day carry piece.

7. FCastle88

FCastle88

Same here, bought mine mostly for pocket carry but will probably get some kind of waistband holster eventually, might even finally give OWB a try. I'm still getting used to the trigger, but the gun is very accurate, and even with +P loads recoil is about the same as my G26.

albinlee, the only differences are the rifling, less elaborate slide cuts and markings, the pinned front sight, and the MIM slide stop lever. The rifling makes no difference, people on the Kahr forums have compared the CW line to the P line and found no significant difference in accuracy or velocity, some loads even performed better out of the CW barrel. The slide cuts and markings are merely cosmetic, obviously, and the pinned front sight actually makes it much easier to swap out for a night sight if you want. The slide stop lever is the only MIM part and it works fine, more people have actually been having problems with the machined P series slide stop, but you can swap the MIM slide stop out for a machined one if you want. The CW and P line both have the exact same frame and internals, and there is no difference in fit and finish. Even if money wasn't an issue I'd probably still just buy a CW/CM model, though you should be able to find a P model for $550, not $700+.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2011
  8. 09crue

09crue

i've had no problems at all with my cw9 w/about 500rds through it..trigger is super smooth,well balanced and extremely accurate.highly recommend