close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Anyone who compete with a Glock 21?

Discussion in 'Band of Glockers' started by boholglock, Feb 9, 2006.

1. boholglock

boholglock

Hello everyone!
    Well just out of curiousity, I'd like to know if anybody among us compete with the G21. How do you do it? Any recommended set-up or do you do it stock?
    Thanks.
    More Power Fellow BOGs
    boholglock

2. Alamat

Alamat

hi there padre...

i have a g21c and i also use it on ipsc matches but under modified division. yes, i use it stock condition. and yes it definitely has a considerable disadvantages over other modified guns that utilizes red dot's, 18 rounder mags, etc.

g21c is only 13 rounder (well, 14 rounds if chamber loaded), so that give's me a two or three secs plus on my time when moving to another port due to change of mag compared to an 18 rounder where he/she can engage 2 to 3 ports(sometimes). On an average course of fire there's an average of 3 boards (and sometimes 1 pepper poper) summing up to at least 6 or 7 required shots PER PORT and that is if you have a very high accuracy rate. meaning, no re-engage. but, in my case, being a sigurista and save time, i change mag whenever i move from port to port.

i decided not to dress up my g21c as a personal decision. this is my carry gun so i believe its better to use it as it is. on matches i bring 5 mags, 4 on my rig belt and the other i simply slide in my pocket. i replaced my front sight from iron with the white dot to the one with the glock green fiber optic front sight (courtesy of a very good friend and mentor in shooting). so far am satisfied with the whole performance of my unit.

most failures or malfunctions i encountered where caused by the ammo shells. i use re-loads on level 1 to 2 matches and new ammo on level 3. i believe the ware-and-tare factor is the definite reason for this.

oh and btw, i also tried using the plus 2 base pads. well, that gave me a not so good experience. bought a couple of it from final option as trial. what i experienced was during a match, while on the process of changing mag, the base pad just collapsed even it was tightly secured on the body. after that, i decided to simply play/shoot stock.

overall, upon completing a game without any problems with a stock glock and .45, well pare ang sarap!!! i'll assume you know what i meant... :)