close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Anyone watching the Australian open? Any tennis fans?

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Stewy31C, Jan 27, 2010.

1. Stewy31C

Stewy31C ImW/Stupid->

I'm a tennis fan and player myself. I root for Blake and Roddick. And when they lose I pull for Murray.

I'm watching the Federer and Davydenko match. Wow it's got some crazy ups and downs.

Just wondering how many tennis fans/players on GT there are.

2. glock22357

glock22357 Got Ammo???

..I've tried to pattern my serve and forehand after Roddick's, so it's fun to watch him. I played one year of J.C. tennis, and still play today. I highly doubt there's very many tennis fans here at G.T., we may be it.:rofl:

I'm rooting for Murray and Federer...are they on opposite sides of the draw?

3. CBennett

CBennett

I watched it cause I needed to take a nap.....ZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

4. Just1More

Just1More

I watched Serena's jugs for a little while. That was it.

5. glock22357

glock22357 Got Ammo???

Those bad-boys are EPIC!!:rofl: I can't imagine how she can hit a 2 handed back-hand with those puppies in the way. And her posterior is like a shelf...you could set a drink back there!!:supergrin:

6. john58

john58 BHO is a LIAR!

I'm not much of a tennis fan, so I hardly watch at all. But there is something hot about a couple of those russian girls.

7. STORMIN29

STORMIN29

What about Venus Williams and her skin colored undies. Looked like she was mooning the crowd every time she she served. Glad she got beat, her opponent deserved to win. If you think Serena has big boobs, what about the bottom side. Lots of pics to see of her backside.

8. aplcr0331

aplcr0331

Not really a tennis fan, but for some reason I read Andre Agassi's book Open. Not only was it a great auto-biography, but it was one of the best books I have ever read. Excellent insight, revealing bits about an interesting guy. Good stuff, I highly recommend it.

9. digitalmike47

digitalmike47

I watch the US Open, and sometimes Wimbelton and the french. I have been to some local tournies, and some exabition matches here in town. Saw Agasie and some of the others a couple of years ago. I love Tennis and it's about the only sport I watch. Going to the Open some day in NYC.

Is it on the tennis channel or somewhere else. Will have to tune in.

thanks

10. hagar

hagar Millennium Member

I played a mean game myself in my youth, but lots of ankle and shoulder injuries forced me to quit and take up a sissy game like shooting guns..:crying:

Watching tennis in HD is awesome. I remember watching Connors/McEnroe/Borg back in the 70's and 80's, and nothing could tear me away from the TV. Saw Connors play in person a couple of times, he is my all time tennis hero and probably the best male player ever. He did not have the most spectacular shots, and his service sucked, but he absolutely hated losing, and he hung in there longer on the top 10 than anybody else, ever. He was still winning professional matches when his former opponents were getting canes..:cool:

Glad to see Henin is making a comeback, I hope she will win it. Roddick is a never was, he has the skills and stamina, but not the mental capability to be a winner.

I'll have to get Aggasi's book, he surprised me by how he got himself together and hung in there for a long time. McEnroe ruined himself when he got involved with Tatum and the drug scene. For 4 or 5 years he was probably the best ever, at his best he could beat anybody that ever lived, but he just faded away.

11. Stewy31C

Stewy31C ImW/Stupid->

Agasie was my favorite player, wish I could of seen him play in person.

Same here, its on my list of wants. Probably the only way you could get this swamp rat to go to NYC.

It comes on ESPN2. 3pm, 9pm and 3am. Not sure about the weekend schedule, which will be the finals. It will be on a different channel like ABC or NBC.

12. zackwatt

zackwatt That's a Bingo! Lifetime Member

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

13. THEPOPE

THEPOPE Nibb

I too was a big fan of the early modern era of tennis, 70's and 80's.....I will watch whenever I happen to be surfing, and come across it.

Last night I watched Serena whup some whispy lil gal, Serena is fun to watch play, she dominates the sport, seeing her set up the other girl, then fire one right near her, knowing she couldn't hit that ball if her life depended on it...out-standing play.

"........are you BLIND ! ! ?........." ....McEnroe....Agassi ...Conner, all fun to watch play, too....I am OuT ...:cool: