Anyone watch Trump's 60 minutes interview?

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by Csv, Oct 22, 2020.

1. tm255

tm255

It's a form of confirmation bias.

https://www.verywellmind.com/what-is-a-confirmation-bias-2795024

But why do people have confirmation bias?

https://www.simplypsychology.org/confirmation-bias.html

People are susceptible to confirmation bias to protect their self-esteem (to know that their beliefs are accurate). To make themselves feel confident, they tend to look for information that supports their existing beliefs (Casad, 2019).

2. Csv

Csv

I only caught the last 25 minutes of tonight's show so not sure how the first part was. Biden and Harris a bunch of non answers though

3. BlueBacker

BlueBacker

Did anyone watch? I watched the unedited version that Trump released, but I don't know how 60 minutes spun it.

4. BlueBacker

BlueBacker

5. larry_minn

larry_minn Silver Member Millennium Member

They will show the heavily edited version. The a Democrat voters, MSM will not cover the lies. They never have in the past. You expect it now?

Flying-Dutchman likes this.
  6. Wojo88

Wojo88

Nope, won't watch it, barely watch tv as it is. Did see the teaser trailer Leslie Stahl released. By the way she looked like she crawled out of a grave, almost could play Bidens sister. Her one and only line in that snippet was a reference to Trump when he said "we had the greatest economy going before the China plague" to that effect. Her snarky reply was "you know that isn't true" and that was it, not watching

Glock1963 likes this.
  7. Wojo88

Wojo88

Follow up: for sheets and giggles I took a look at this 60 Minutes twitter feed, had over 1M views. Confirms what I thought it would be like, Leslie Stahl said:

1. There is no real evidence of spying on campaign
    2. There is no evidence of a scandal for Biden
    3. This is 60 Minutes, we can't put on things that can't be verified

What flavor ice cream was she having?

Agonizer and NMG26 like this.
  8. DaleGribble

DaleGribble Come on man!!

Why should one watch the edited version when the full unedited version is already out for public viewing? From a time management perspective, that makes no sense.

The fact that you want to absorb the spin and let CBS influence your opinion just confirms what everyone here already knows, you're a Democrat.

Soon after the interview took place CBS already started spinning the event in a negative light for Trump. Trump then came out with the full interview.

Like it or not, Trump had every right to counter their claim.

Those damn fonts. :animlol:

Every once in a while Dan Rather tries to release some story or article, trying to remain relevant, and everybody ignores it.

He's trying to keep pretending that he was a real journalist. It's pretty pathetic.

reniram and OttoLoader like this.
  9. Will Rudy

Will Rudy

Leslie Stahl=Chris Wallace in drag. Same tribe.

10. KindOfBlue

KindOfBlue

I watched it. 60 minutes generally asks tough questions (except for that puff piece about the NSA during the Snowden revelations).

Trump came across as whiny not tough, especially with his release of the interview early move and leaving early giving a huge stack of paper (here’s my plan damn you*). They fact checked and gave credit to Trump on some things he said especially about the economy. Biden got asked tough questions too and got fact checked for some spin. Both of the VP candidates where less than impressive.

*"Except it wasn't Trump's health care plan. Because that, well, doesn't exist. Instead, according to the "60 Minutes" Twitter feed, the book was "filled with executive orders and congressional initiatives, but no comprehensive healthcare plan."" - CNN: https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/26/poli...utes-book-lesley-stahl-health-care/index.html

The summary of the interview was when Leslie reminded Trump how he told her years ago why he keeps saying "fake news" - its so nobody believes the news when there are (legitimate - emphasis mine) negative stories.

That explains his walking out and handing a bogus book. When confronted with true negative stories he throws FUD, walks out in a huff and plays the victim.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2020
  11. Wake_jumper

Wake_jumper Don't Jump!

I watched it last night. Leslie Stahl's tone was the same as every other interviewer of Mr. Trump, rude, condescending, constant interruptions and nothing but "gotcha" questions and comments. If they would treat him with some respect and decorum, he would reciprocate. No questions about his accomplishments, only so called "tough" questions about everything they could gig him on... many about the 'virus, (not) wearing masks, unemployment, accused him of not having a healthcare plan, etc. I was proud of Mr. Trump for getting up and walking out. Why does he even agree to these stupid interviews? I loved it when Kayleigh Mcenany walked up to Leslie and handed her a copy of the healthcare plan. It looked like an old time family bible and Leslie almost dropped it because it was so heavy. Kayleigh said: "Here, Mr. Trump wanted you to have this"

The press has had it out for Mr. Trump since day one. I remember when Fox news was setting up one of their first interviews with then candidate Trump, Megan Kelly crowed that "we have a surprise planned for Mr. Trump". Fair and balanced? Nope.

How did Leslie interview Biden and Harris? She was :bowdown:

Csv, Glock1963 and Agonizer like this.
  12. Agonizer

Agonizer Unmasked

More K.O.B. fake news.

Csv, jr24, Pythonman and 1 other person like this.
  13. KindOfBlue

KindOfBlue

More koolaid

R.B. Riddick likes this.
  14. Csv

Csv

Back working, eh?

15. DaleGribble

DaleGribble Come on man!!

[​IMG]

16. jmohme

jmohme

Well that is about the dumbest thing I've heard all day.
    Why watch the one that only shows 30% of what was recorded and then rearranged to fit an agenda, when you can watch the entire interview and see the truth?

Why buy and read the entire novel, when you can read a one paragraph summary for free.

JFrame likes this.
  17. Gundude

Gundude

That's a weird argument. The 30% edit is a biased representation of the full thing, but the one paragraph summary of the 30% edit is somehow spot on?

ETA: I probably misinterpreted your analogy, I'm guessing now that the final question was sarcastic. My question then becomes, how do you know the "entire interview" is in fact the entire interview, unedited? Maybe the 30% edit has something the "entire interview" edited out. You can't know unless you watch them both.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2020
  18. jmohme

jmohme

I really don't care how much 60 minutes edits out. Once I have watched the whole thing, I know all I need out of it.
    The 30% was just a wild ass guess, nobody uses everything for the final copy. The only question is with they edit it to make it seem like something it was not.
    It being 60 minutes I think it is safe to say that they would try to make it fit their bias, but I really don't care enough to watch it and boost their ratings.

I think the last time I watched 60 minutes, Andy Rooney was still closing out the show.