Anyone using the GAP plates with G29?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by GeePlate, Aug 17, 2015.

1. GeePlate

GeePlate

I got a G29 and was happy to see the https://concealablecontrol.com/ came out with floor plates for the G29. Anyone use them?

I'm also looking for an IWB holster. The best IWB holster I have is the Don Hume 721OT (for my G19 and M&P Shield) which I converted from OWB to IWB by adding metal clips.

I'm currently carrying it in a waist band which is probably the most comfortable way out of all but the velcro is scratching me.

Mandatory beast photo:

[​IMG]

2. Eric2340

Eric2340 Infidel :)

I can't speak for the 10mm and the 29, but I honestly believe if you're currently shooting your 29 with a "two fingered grip" w/ the flat OEM baseplate, I think you'll be OK.

I've never shot or been a fan of any of my G30's (one G30 and two G30SF's) with the flat G30 nine round mag / same setup as the G29 mag w/ the OEM baseplate, - and I am NOT saying the G30 and the G29 much less the .45 and 10mm shoot the same - but I can say I DID shoot the 30SF with the flat GAP plates a lot better than I thought I would.

They still don't feel as good on the 30SF/30 as I had hoped they would (as they do on my 26), but still did shoot the gun better than it felt as I would, and still better than I did when I DID try the flat OEM plate in the G30 nine round mag.

They simply don't feel right in my hand as compared to the OEM 30 ten round mag baseplate or my preference, the Pearce 30 ten round mag baseplate, but I DID still do well with them.

I'd say it's a personal thing with the 30/29 as the do not make the grip on the gun feel as secure to me as the do with the 26, but try them and see how you like them?

I honestly believe if you can shoot the 29 with no grip extension on the mag that you'll probably like the GAP plates on the gun then.

Good luck!

[​IMG]

3. GeePlate

GeePlate

I can shoot it easily with a two finger grip and I really liked the GAP plates when I used them on my G27. Just wondering if anyone had them already. They seem to be a new offering.

4. chemboy

chemboy

OK, little different viewpoint here. Of the three G29s I have owned all of them have shot better for me with the Pierce grip extensions installed. I have not tried the GAP plates on anything except a 26, but I like them just fine.

5. Eric2340

Eric2340 Infidel :)

Again, I hate to use the example of the 30 and the .45 b/c I am concerned it's not relative to the possible additional recoil of the 10mm in the 29 (????) but so far I have found this -

I personally prefer the Pearce 10 round extension on the 30 ten round mag.

I DID shoot the GAP flat baseplate on the 30 nine round mag w/ the "two fingered grip" a LOT better than I thought I would, even though it does not "feel" as good to me in my hand as compared to both Pearce products (10 and 9 round mag extensions).

I do NOT like the way Pearce G29 extension / G30 nine round mag SHOOTS or FEELS in my hand.

If I honestly had to pick between the GAP flat baseplate and the Pearce G29 / nine round baseplate, I'd go with the GAP plate. The flat OEM nine round mag plate would be my last choice.

But this is also all relative to MY findings and the 30 and NOT the 29.

Hope this helps -

GAP flat plates -
    [​IMG]

Pearce G29 / nine round G30 .45 plate -
    [​IMG]

........and while not really relative to this conversation, the Pearce ten round .45 baseplate -
    [​IMG]

chemboy likes this.