anyone use Yahoo/AT&T DSL?

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by 97guns, Sep 30, 2007.

1. 97guns

97guns

id like to hear some first hand experience. im thinking of going with the basic $14.95 a month plan. do you pay monthly or do i need to pay for the whole year, how's the service been?

2. boger

boger

Look around their websie. Last July they had a special deal for $10.00 a month with a one year commitment. Also a rebate of $49.95 (The cost of the modem. I've been using it since then and it works fine. It's not lightening fast but a huge improvement over dial-up connections.

3. 97guns

97guns

thanks for the tip, i searched all over and see the $10 deals through google searching but when i follow the link they are only offering the plan at $14.95. i wonder if its over but according to some of the links the fcc is making them offer this deal for 2 years.

4. Blitzer

Blitzer Cool Cat

Time Warner Road Runner has been a P.O.S. over the past year.

I subleased service form my Landlord's connection. Absolute trash, dropped connections, blackouts, sluggish performance, tech support admitted the MODEM was re-seeking a connection 2000 an hour!

:shocked: :sad: :upeyes:

I returned to ATT/DSL on Sept 7th and I couldn't be happier! I wish I had never left ATT/Yahoo DSL service. For the same bucks as RR I can get a 3Mps DSL connection, I chose to economize and went with a 1.5Mps for $19.00 a month.

Things like Youtube are much quicker now and no dropped connections either.

:banana: :hearts: :supergrin: :thumbsup:

5. Blitzer

Blitzer Cool Cat

Some regions were part of a recent acquisition. The deal was those clients got a price break, maybe a phone call to the order center and some prodding about that fact would lead to a discount?

:thumbsup:

6. dozing4dollars

dozing4dollars Plasticized ! CLM

I have had ATT Yahoo DSL for over a year now. It has been awesome!

My 3.0MB data line is always up and running. In contrast, my Comcast cable modem was solar powered-if the sun was not shining, it did not work!

In addition, I use the ATT Yahoo dial-up and WiFi access when I am away from home on business. Another freebie!

I am considering upgrading to 6MB service-I may or may not.

It is a great deal !

:)

BTW- I pay my bill monthly. You can opt for a commitment or not...nice option.