Anyone use the MTAC/CBST daily with no pistol?

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by OdinIII, Jan 2, 2010.

1. OdinIII

OdinIII

I carry daily but sometimes I go for up to 10 hours in a facility with no gun rules that I choose to obey. Now I just leave my holster on as I'm ready to go once I get back in my car.

I currently use an original SideArmor holster after wearing out 2 of the old 4th generation holsters.

Do the leather backed holsters hold their form when used most often without a gun?

Has anyone regretted going leather backed because of the more difficult reholstering?

Do the above holsters still let the gun "snick" home?

How does reholstering compare with say a CTAC or Sidearmor?

2. racer88

racer88 NRA & SAF mbr

Not sure if I can answer your question, exactly.

But, FWIW, I wore my CBST empty for a week (right after I got it) before I got my G27 to put in it. I wanted to get a head start breaking in the horsehide leather, and I wanted to get used to how it felt to wear IWB.

I didn't have any problem with the leather deforming into the empty holster space during that time.

I have not noticed ANY problems reholstering. I won't say it's a real "snick" going in, but rather a "thunk."

It's the only IWB holster I've ever bought or tried, so I can't make any comparisons.

No regrets. I've been wearing it about 12 hours a day. At the end of the day, I will say I'm glad to relieve myself of my rig. But, I think that's more because of the "heft" of the G27 than anything.

3. OdinIII

OdinIII

Thanks for your response.

I see in your signature that you have the compact models also. Did you get the subcompact or full size holster? If you got the full size are you happy with the fit of the 27?

4. racer88

racer88 NRA & SAF mbr

I ordered my CBST specifically for the G27. So, if I stick the G19 or G23 in it, the barrel extends beyond the leather. But, I don't intend to carry either of those for the time being. If I ever do, I'll just get holsters specific to them. I think the CBST is a bargain for what it is.

5. Jon_R

Jon_R

I have an M-Tac with my G23 and almost always am wearing the holster. The pistol comes out and is stored some times when either I am going somewhere I am not legally allowed to carry. Where I can't carry legally is if I have to go into the kids school which is not very often. I don't carry at work while it is legal there is a policy against it. So while I am at work ~40-50 hours a week the holster is empty. I have not had any issues.