close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Anyone use "Safe-T-Block"...

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by ZO6Vettever, Feb 9, 2012.

1. ZO6Vettever

ZO6Vettever

Anyone use "Safe-T-Block" trigger blocks? I have been carrying a revolver since 1974 up to about 4 years ago then a Sigma, now a G30. Never worried about an AD with the long, heavy triggers on the wheel guns or Sigma. The Glock trigger to me is scary short and light. My wife is also used to the Sigma and will not carry the Glock chambered. I watched the video's on these and they seem to add nothing to draw time but a lot to the safety factor. Sliderlock seems to take some fumbling with the trigger to take the safety off. I expect to get flamed a little but it's not that I'm a new-be. After all, "Glock leg" is surely exagerated but it does happen. I thought about changing to 8.5 # springs but it's such a sweet shooter I hate to do that. I think it would be well worth $20. for the peace of mind. :dunno:

Last edited: Feb 9, 2012
  2. tonyparson

tonyparson

The only safety you need is your finger, keep if off the trigger until your ready to shoot. I've use this safety for 20 years and never had a AD..

3. snwbrdr435

snwbrdr435

No and I never will. Also I would rather not mess with the trigger on something that might life might depend on.

4. tonyparson

tonyparson

Why not just buy a handgun with a manual safety?

5. samurairabbi

samurairabbi Dungeon Schmuck

The Saf-T-Blok market has been heavily displaced by the newer Siderlock, which installs directly on the trigger. For the past year, I have not even been able to find any source that REGULARLY sells the Saf-T-Blok.

The Siderlock is more expensive than the Saf-T-Blok, and must be installed on the trigger by someone who is capable. The Siderlock can be set up for right OR left-hand shooters, while the Saf-T-Blok must be purchased in either left or right form. The Siderlock does NOT pop off the gun when used, while the Saf-T-Blok does.

6. LabTech

LabTech Village Jackass

I've got a couple of Saf-T- Blok's that I've used on various & sundry Glocks that I've owned in the past and they work just fine. They don't cost much so get one and try it. It may provide you with that little bit of confidence that you need for peace of mind.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

7. TommyMN

TommyMN

Loved mine on my 30. I will purchase one for each of my others.

8. CLee0507

CLee0507

I don't understand the need, if you have a proper holster the trigger will be covered anyway. I was a little nervous to carry with a round chambered too, but soon got a good holster with good retention and have no fear now. Try carrying without one in the pipe but with the trigger in the forward position and see if it ever fires to prove to yourself that it is safe. Also you could purchase a NY1 spring and it will give you a heavier pull until it breaks.

9. EKUJustice

EKUJustice

Nope and never will. Get a good fitted holster made for the gun that covers the trigger and your good to go.

10. coachg

coachg

I have used it in the past with the SmartCarry. It served it's purpose until I became more comfortable. Cheap enough to try until you are ok to go without it.

11. bulletandgrunt

bulletandgrunt

I scoff at such thoughts....I would never use one of those. Hell, I disabled my drop safety. I figure if I drop it, it's because I'm shot/dead/dying. My hope is that if my gun goes off then the stray round will impact the bad guy. That will show em who's the boss.:tongueout:

12. HGxyz

HGxyz

Since it's mainly peace of mind you are looking for, take some time to understand the Glock safety system and you will have it. The gun will fire if the trigger is pulled and not otherwise - just what you want. As others have pointed out, a good holster and trigger finger discipline add the final ingredient: the trigger won't get pulled unless you intend it.

13. robhic

robhic WOLVERINE!!!! Platinum Member Silver Member

I concur with what coachg said above. I got 2 to make one in the chamber more comfortable for me and my Smart Carry at first. After a while, I found it unnecessary. Yes, it gives you some added peace of mind but I think after a while you will stop using it. Or at least for certain situations it might be useful...

I still practice my draw with the Smart Carry. With the gun loaded and chambered, I put a Saf-T-Blok in with the screw tight just to add a bit more safety practicing with a loaded weapon.

14. abq87120

abq87120

I wanted to prove to myself that I wasn't going to shoot my foot off with my new Glock while I was waiting for my carry ticket to show up in the mail. So, I carried my G26 cocked with an empty chamber and a full mag for a month. Yeah, I was breaking the law. But, at the end of each day, the gun was still cocked. That meant that another day had passed without a potential ND. Now, I've been packing (legally) for going on five years without some much as a close call. My early exercise gave me a great deal of confidence in my ability to carry without shooting my balls or one of my feet off.

15. patcrad

patcrad Great White Box

16. Devo6684

Devo6684

I used one on my G36 as I carry with a clip draw. It worked well enough, however, I have recently switched over to the Sidelocker as over time it would Not stay tight behind the trigger. I find the clip draw is more concealable and more comfortable than a holster and the use of the SafTBlock or Sidelocker adds additional precautions from the trigger being accidentally depressed. It is not a safety locking device, nor should it be used to prevent little ones from pulling the trigger. IMO, I would only use it if your carry option is not a properly designed holster.

17. Glock Master

Glock Master

I have one for my G36.

18. NYcarry

NYcarry Banana!Banana!

The issue with these are it teaches you to put your finger into the trigger guard to pop it out.
    That is never a good thing.

19. AA#5

AA#5

I actually prefer the 8 lb. NY1 on my Glocks & I shoot better with it; probably because I started out shooting revolvers for years. I like the consistent pull & the springier reset. I didn't have it installed for safety. You could say if nothing touches the trigger, it doesn't matter how light it is.

I wouldn't have a safety block or similar device that interferes with the simplicity of the Glock's operation.

20. High Altitude

High Altitude

Put in a NY1 trigger spring and I bet you will be very happy with the trigger feel and no longer think a safety is required.