Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8,216 Posts
Long time Linux user, started with RH 7.3, then 8, then 9, then FC 2, 3, 4, and now 5. Professionally a Unix System Admin and C++ developer. Now retired. What do you want to know? So far 5 is the best of the lot. I use it for my desktop. I haven't run M$ for years.

·
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/
2,046 Posts
this post brought to you through FC 5.

we run FC 3 on production web & e-mail servers where i work.

i like it.

if you're new to linux, FC 5 is good, but look into Ubuntu also.

·
NO BRASS FOR U!
1,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am having a terrible time finding out how to install my wifi driver. I am unsure as how to install the driver that I downloaded into the "kernel" I have a 3com Atheros AR500G Wireless Network Adapter.

·
Registered
27,992 Posts
DC will be along shortly I'm sure, I believe he really likes Fedora, not to mention his understanding of Linux is pretty high...

Fedora 5 huh? Think I msy download that to one of the free partitions and give it a whirl...

IGF

·
Registered
27,992 Posts
Holy smokes... 3gigs for the DVD version! ;)

This better be worth it...lol, only an Hour and 15min left. The server I'm connected to only lets me download at 129k. So do the math how long I've been lettin this download! :) Reminds me of when I downloaded Open Office over a dial up connection. :)

IGF

·
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/
2,046 Posts
Originally posted by James Trapp
I am having a terrible time finding out how to install my wifi driver. I am unsure as how to install the driver that I downloaded into the "kernel" I have a 3com Atheros AR500G Wireless Network Adapter.
are you using WEP,WPA, or WPA2 encryption on your router?

i was using a wireless card with an Atheros chip, and couldn't get WPA or WPA2 to work.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts