Anyone use ipCop? Having some issues setting it up.

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by GCPD724, Feb 14, 2010.

1. GCPD724

GCPD724 NRA Member

I had a old computer sitting around and decided to set it up as an ipCop. I have it working and installed Advance Proxy and URL Filter and BOT with the intent of setting up some rules for certain computers in the house (Primarily my son's) to not be able to access the internet during certain hours or be able to access certain types of sites.

Anyway everything looks like it should be running but I was attempting to test the filter and it appears to be letting everything through like normal.

Anyone else done this? What am I missing?

2. GIockGuy24

GIockGuy24 Bring M&M's

I have a friend that uses IP Cop but I haven't really looked at it. It does use the 2.4 Linux kernel and was last updated in July 2008. There is also Smoothwall Express which was nearly the same but has gone to the 2.6 Linux kernel. It was last updated in August 2007.

3. GCPD724

GCPD724 NRA Member

Well I got it working and it seems to be doing what I want have to watch it and see how it does.

4. GIockGuy24

GIockGuy24 Bring M&M's

5. jpa

jpa CLM

You might want to enable logging too...just to see what blocked sites you missed as well as monitor what they're getting into in case of future problems.