GlockTalk Forum banner

21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Premium Member
24,820 Posts
CL is hit & miss. Some excellent, quick sales. (So I think I should have started higher). Others waste of time.
I love the “will you deliver 200+ miles.
“Sure. 5 business days after your check for the full amount plus $3 a Loaded mile clears my bank” That delivery price is cheap. It’s dang near 14’ wide, limited to 35 mph most likely.
I should have added $20 per hour. 6 hrs

·
Registered
812 Posts
I just bought some solar panels a few weeks ago off CL. Spoke to the seller before driving (40 miles) to examine the goods. All looked good, so I went back the next day with my truck & cash. Everything went as planned, no complaints. I peruse CL occasionally, but usually I don’t find anything worth chasing.
FBMarketplace is nothing I would look at, I already can’t stand them.

YMMV

Ed

·
Banned
8,580 Posts
I hooked up with a few women when Craigslist had personals. I haven't had much use for Craigslist since they dropped that, though,

Reactions: jimcorbin

·
Custom Title Goes Here
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Well, I actually got two people on two different things since posting this here, one said he is out of town until the weekend and the other, we are suppsoed to meet in two hours but they seem to have dropped off the face of the earth, no matter how many times I tell them texting is better than email.

I think I am being jerked around, which sucks, but seems to be par for the course for CL around here.

I have sets of antique dishes that the local place that does international business doesn't want, have been trying to sell them at various places for years, and absolutely no luck. I am beginning to think I have a large plastic tub of "interactive targets". One set isn't that valuable, but another is very old and seemingly unique, but IDC. After this week, I am done with these things other than setting them up as targets to shoot.

·
Registered
8,746 Posts
I've used it for stuff I want to get rid of for free or for a really low price. Never bought anything from craigslist.

There are a seemingly high amount of murders associated with Craigslist, tho.

And the main issue with Craigslist are the number of people who just waste your time. I'll be there in a 30 min (never shows). Or I will take it! (and never shows). So my attitude was first come first serve.

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
I don't buy but I always sell on Craigslist.

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
I buy and sell frequently on CL.
Trucks, tractors, equipment, horses, cattle, tools, etc.
First contact is via e-mail to weed out the shady people and cash is king.

No way will I aid the enemy by giving Suckerberg or his advertisers a minute of my time on marketplace.

·
M62/76
11,958 Posts
Yes, but not often. I’ve sold a few framed prints. Things that are a hassle to pack and ship. Purchased two butler’s tables last year for $20.

·
Diva extraordinaire
15,089 Posts
BF does. That's how he found me.

LOL just kidding.

·
NRA Patron Member
882 Posts
I have bought a few things, sold a lot of things on CL, including a very nice center console Scout boat. You have to dig through a lot of crap replys to get to the legitimate ones, but even that can be fun.

·
NRA Patron Member
882 Posts
I have bought a few things, sold a lot of things on CL, including a very nice center console Scout boat. You have to dig through a lot of crap replys to get to the legitimate ones, but even that can be fun.

·
Premium Member
24,820 Posts
I’m amazed how often 4-7 people will really want it. But not give phone #, want to set up time. The first person who actually sets time, looks buys at price.
So I guess I set too low. I point out bad stuff in add.

·
ZekerMan
2,049 Posts
I very seldom do but did search for a set of steel winter wheels for my Forester and ended up getting a set for free. Hell of a nice guy in Wichita, Ks. did that to get them out of his garage.

·
Custom Title Goes Here
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
I’m amazed how often 4-7 people will really want it. But not give phone #, want to set up time. The first person who actually sets time, looks buys at price.
So I guess I set too low. I point out bad stuff in add.
Damn you for being honest!

:fist:

But yeah, I am the same way. I'd rather have everything up-front than someone try to say I was hiding somethiing from them. But with CL, I am always telling them "No returns!"

:innocent:

·
Diva extraordinaire
15,089 Posts

·
Registered
6,224 Posts
It's worked well for me in the big city, both buying and selling. Of course you have to look out for the scammers, but they are pretty obvious.

21 - 40 of 43 Posts