Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
F.S.F.O.S.
4,263 Posts
Originally posted by G36.45
GPS on a fish finder that is.

I just put a Lowrance 332C on my new boat.

I was disappointed that the map program offered very little detail on the lakes.

I ordered the Hot Maps program for my state that should have depths, contours, underground objects etc. Maybe that will help.

The trail function and being able to mark spots on the lake is awesome though....love it.

Anyone else use one?
My dad's got a really really nice Lowrance with an active color split screen fish finder / GPS mapper. His on-board didnt have much detail either but he paid like 100.00 to get like the Midwest Lakes coverage and the detail with them is INCREDIBLE. He's a dedicated fisherman (fished in some pro-am stuff recently) esp. for walleye and he won't go anywhere without his gadget now.

Very cool stuff... you'll really like the new lake chip (if you ordered one)

·
F.S.F.O.S.
4,263 Posts
Originally posted by G36.45
Tried out the new chip tonight. I ordered Navionics Hot Maps for the east coast.

Lake detail is phenomenal on screen....looks good in my driveway....I will go to the lake tomorrow and actually compare GPS detail to the actual lake.

The maps even show underground vegetation....hydrilla etc. It will blow my mind if they are actually that accurate.
They ARE that accurate. I told ya. :cool:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts