Anyone try the new triji HD xr sights

Discussion in 'Sights, Optics and Lasers/Lights' started by white.david, Feb 24, 2017.

1. white.david

white.david

Anyone try the new trijicon HD xr night sights yet for a G43? I was just looking at the specs and the front sight is a bit taller than the HD night sights. Maybe these will be accurate past 20 yards.

My G30 with HD's is a tack hammer at almost any reasonable distance but the G43 HD drop down past 20 yards. Don't know if I should shell out the extra $150 to get the new ones or just stick with the HDs

2. Scrappy

Scrappy

A higher front sight will make it shoot lower. I would call them and ask why the front sight is now higher. I got a set of sights from them HDs for my Walther and it was shooting 2-3 inches low. I measured the front sight and it was out of spec, higher then what their specs said. They had me send it back and they sent me a new one to the correct spec and all was good.

I would also wait till you can buy just the front sight much cheaper that way

Last edited: Feb 25, 2017

3. Rocky7

Rocky7 Proud NRA Life Patron Member, Life GSSF member

delete

Last edited: Feb 25, 2017
  4. white.david

white.david

Very helpful troll.

5. Rocky7

Rocky7 Proud NRA Life Patron Member, Life GSSF member

Not a troll Bub, am familiar with the hd' s have them on (7) Glocks. Considering your newbie comment we will have time in the future to discuss.

MAGICMANIA likes this.
  6. ltj9296

ltj9296

Sorry no experience with the new XR sights, but I thought their selling point is the more narrow front sight compared to the HD's? Or maybe I am thinking of something different. Not sure how a taller front sight would help with accuracy.