Anyone tracking their WEIGHT?

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by DAKA, Apr 2, 2020.

1. TheDreadnought

TheDreadnought

Yeah, I lost 30 lbs previously in much the same way. Just lacking the willpower to do it when surrounded by food and stuck at home.

Maybe once this lifts at some point it will motivate me.

Rotn1 likes this.
  2. Orive 8

Orive 8

Yes, on the first of each month. Down 2 lbs.

Rotn1 and BigBull 301 like this.

3. Jon_R

Jon_R

Down about 15 lbs. I am not a stress eater usually the oposite, not burning many calories so trying to keep portions down, bad allergies (hopefully) causes post nasal drip making food less interesting and I want to avoid having to go out into the world so make the food last. 6-3 230 now 215.

BigBull 301 likes this.
  4. capnjim01

capnjim01

I hear you man.
    My F-I-L lives with us and he is in probably in the last stage of life, hard to get around except in a wheel chair and just slipping away each day. Nothing taste good to him except sweets so we keep fresh cookies and ice cream on hand for him. I watch him eat 3 or 4 large cookies every day and drink a couple of cokes.
    Lucky for me I have been working from home for the last few years, I did go out and call on clients in their homes but for now everything we do is over Zoom. I do get a little stir crazy once in a while, range is still open so I can run over though whenever I get a break.

TheDreadnought likes this.
  5. Blanton

Blanton

Nope. Depression can be as deadly as the virus:couch:

6. pblanc

pblanc

No worries. When the food shortages begin I figure I will be back to my svelte self within a few weeks. If I don't die from the covid-19 virus first.

TheDreadnought likes this.
  7. Russ in PA

Russ in PA

I'm keeping an eye on my weight, so far so good. I had concerns when my gym closed, but I'm doing more walking now. I'm probably averaging 7 miles/day of just walking, I hit some good hills on my walks which helps.

Rotn1 likes this.
  8. TheDreadnought

TheDreadnought

I figure my extra 15 will help me against all these people choosing under-penetrating rounds when the shooting starts. :couch:

9. naughtymoose

naughtymoose

I am losing weight. Pants falling off my hind quarters. Working in the transportation industry is very busy these days.

Rotn1 likes this.
  10. The Hawk

The Hawk

I started on the Keto diet in Sept. 2019. I weighed 203. I was down to 162 a couple weeks ago. This morning I weighed 159. I am staying on that diet and still working out. This shelter in place thing is working for me just fine. Not tempted to go out to eat, more time at home to work out too.

serve_and_protect, Flags and Rotn1 like this.
  11. DonD

DonD

Always, you can lie to yourself but the scale doesn't. Don

jmaj likes this.
  12. pblanc

pblanc

Well, you know what they say. CYA.

13. Borg Warner

Borg Warner

I'm 6'3' and weighed 220 on the dot for over a year straight after I cut out Potatoes, Bread, Rice, Corn, and Pasta and lost 15 pounds in one month and by staying on this low-starch, low-carb diet, I kept my weight stable.

Then I got a bad cold and didn't eat enough and lost weight, which I thought was good, but I also didn't drink enough liquids and became dehydrated and had to be briefly hospitalized and given fluids in an IV. The doctor told me that At my age (73) it had become critical to make sure I got enough nutrition and hydration when sick.

So once I started feeling better I made sure I ate enough and drank enough water and then I not only gained back the weight I had lost when I was sick, but I gained 15 pounds more and was back to my former weight of 235.

So now I'm trying to eat less and I'm down to about 228. I was having regular appointments at teh VA hospital and weighting my self when I went there but now they're cutting back appointments and preparing for a surge in case the virus gets worse so now I'll have to buy a scale.

14. nam02G

nam02G First throwing ax bullseye.

I'm about the same height, a little shorter now that my discs are degenerating. I really can't imagine being 193. About three years ago now I managed to get down to 204. But with stress eating from a crappy relationship for a couple years and not exercising I'm probably hovering in the 235 range right now. Eating less and trying to work out more now. Unfortunately I found out last week teaching my daughter to ride a bike that my running days are over. Took most of a week for my knees to quit aching.

15. RockingtheGlock

RockingtheGlock What is normal for the Spider is chaos to the Fly

This is funny because I just weighed myself before logging into GT. I am about the same but I think I am swapping muscle for fat. I think one of the worse things about this situation is the gym being closed (along with the ranges being closed and ammo shortage).

16. berto62

berto62

17. Batesmotel

Batesmotel

Down about 6 last month.

18. collim1

collim1 5ft of fury. The champ is back!

I’ve had to cut calories big time to maintain my weight the last few weeks.

With the gym and my indoor pool closed I’m not getting enough exercise.

Pushups, plank and goblet squats just aren’t going to cut it much longer. I need some free weights and cardio.

My knees are going to have to suck it up and start jogging again. I’ve been swimming 3-5 miles per week for years and stopped cold turkey. I’m getting out of shape fast.

19. Hannie Caulder

Hannie Caulder Diva extraordinaire

I get on the scale every day. Still holding at 138, which is 3 lbs below my ideal. Gym is closed, so I lengthened my beach run and have been using my home equipment. Also increased the swimming and pilates.

20. G19Tony

G19Tony Sneet CLM

Not anymore. :faint:

Intolerant likes this.