Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Interesting gun. SAO 9mm. Small, light and over 10 rounds...

It's a crowded field.Can't help but wonder why they produced it.

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
My indoor range just got one for the rental wall. I handled it yesterday but didn't shoot it. They are going to have a S&W Demo Day coming up and I plan to go up and shoot it. Not interested in it, but since its different I may as well try it out.

·
Super Moderator
4,284 Posts

I kind of like it. I don't need or want it, but I want to shoot it and see how it does. If it feels really good, I might pick one up.

·
Registered
284 Posts
I think it looks great and as a lefty I'm grateful they put an ambi slide stop on it. The only downside is I am not willing to carry a gun with a safety on it.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I'm probably going to purchase a shield plus performance center within the next couple weeks. I looked at a bunch of different videos on the CSX there's pros and cons to it, but it don't trip my trigger

·
MacGyver
8,498 Posts
SAO, all metal -- come on, old timers, where's the metal-frame love?
Reminiscent of the early S&W 9mm wonders (mostly DA/SA back then).
Will kick SA-BHP butt.

Better if it shares mags with MP2.0

I'll buy one eventually.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Handled one today, I had full intention of buying one once the optic ready variant comes out but that trigger was awful. Unless apex makes the trigger better or they go to something like the p365 I won’t get it.

·
Registered
6,939 Posts

Because people buy S&W trash because grandpa bragged about how good they are. Grandpa is talking about S&W 1962 QC and not what they put out in the last 30 years. JMHO, YMMV

·
Registered
501 Posts
The only reason I'd consider a SAO carry pistol is it had a great trigger and it sounds like this gun doesn't have that.
I'm not interested in spending money on aftermarket triggers for a pistol let alone a carry pistol.

I think they'd have been better off with a light double action only like the HK LEM trigger, A long but light double action pull followed by a somewhat crisp short reset follow up trigger pull.

·
21,208 Posts
A small, lightweight, compact SAO gun that could be carried cocked and locked would be ideal if it were chambered in a caliber that began with the number 4 and was the same size and weight as one that was chambered in a caliber that began with the number 3.

BUT! unless it has a lighter trigger pull than a striker fired gun, I'd just as soon carry a striker fired gun and I wish Glock chambered the new shield plus in 40 caliber which they could do since it uses the same slide as the original Shield.

·
On the day of your birth death began stalking you
9,988 Posts
I didn't care for the one I shot. I won't be getting one.

·
******* Handyman
1,381 Posts
Looks nice but doesn't do anything better than the Glock 26. To each its own.

·
Registered
13,394 Posts
i would like to check one out. nothing like getting one in your hands to feel one out...
:unsure:

1 - 20 of 48 Posts