GlockTalk Forum banner

41 - 60 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
13,272 Posts
Last bonus I got was in 2017, one was personal performance bonus and other was company performance bonus. Complicated system to calculate but I got around 15,000 for both.

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Every year's bonus... I get to keep my job ( the board members need their bonuses)

·
Premium Member
25,335 Posts
My brother-in-law stopped it. He was taken to court because someone was offended when it was referred to as a Christmas bonus. It was just year end bonuses but he tried to pay it in time for Christmas shopping. After that he just tried to roll that money into regular pay through the year.
I wouldn’t have. I would have made it clear reason no bonus this yr. Then started something.

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Back in the 1970's the company that I worked for always gave us a frozen turkey for Xmas.

The company that I worked for in the 1980's was a DoD contractor. No bonuses.

I worked for a state agency (public university) during the 1990's - 2011. No bonuses.

·
Registered
5,419 Posts
Last job gave me a $1000 Christmas bonus which was always handy at Christmas time. New job, I get a 10% of my salary year end bonus

·
Super Moderator
2,151 Posts
If we had a good year I gave an extra weeks paycheck in December. The payday before Christmas.

·
The eBay Guy
20,641 Posts
I used to work in the food additive industry and my boss ALWAYS gave a bonus. I planned to use the last one on building a new swimming pool.... but, the cheap SOB only gave a ridiculous 1 month membership to the Jelly Of The Month Club. :steamed:

Thankfully, my wife's cousin's husband took care of it for me...

·
M&P
5,879 Posts
I work for a large, Fortune 50 company. The managers will usually send a nice email. We do get bonuses and commissions throughout the year, so it all works out.

·
Venor ergo sum
Gun control is about CONTROL.
3,583 Posts
While not a Christmas bonus, Federal government performance cash awards are generally received the pay period before/around Christmas. While not everyone gets one, usually one just needs to do their job, work hard, go the extra mile to contribute to the mission, and stay out of trouble to get one. The employee's supervisor has to articulate in writing what the employee did during the rating period to deserve. They were handy for paying for Christmas.

·
Registered
7,945 Posts
Company my brother in law used to work for gave all the employees an assortment of meat from a butcher.

·
Registered
4,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
Well it nice to know some places still say thank you in special way, and share their profit with those who made it happen.

Know one local Cigar store owner locally who has one guy working for him PT & FT over 15+ years. I ask if BART ever does anything for his people at Holiday time. Reply was in all the time I have worked here not even a FREE Cigar Sampler. Owner has two home, two high end cars, several other businesses. Does well, keep everything, is a shister.

·
Registered
4,686 Posts
I got a $100.00 bill once from a boss. Most of the time it was a $25 gift card to a hardware store I would go out of my to avoid.

·
Registered
13,490 Posts
My company gave an extra paycheck at Christmas. And yes it was called a Christmas bonus.
About 10 years before retirement they stopped this. Claimed it was now going to be parceled out through the year in salary increases.
Noticed my boss started driving a lot nicer cars.
BTW, this was a mutual insurance company, the boss was just an employee like the rest of us. No officers had any ownership in the company.

·
Anti-Federalist
19,082 Posts
We get a 15% EBIT bonus. Never seems to amount to much over $1200. Doubt we'll see that this year.

41 - 60 of 75 Posts