GlockTalk Forum banner

21 - 40 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
My wife and I own our business, we give our employees a Christmas bonus each year, sometimes cash sometimes a gift card.

Reactions: NewWaveGuy

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Many moons ago before I started welding I got a great bonus at the sign company I worked at. Texas roadhouse also gave us a small bonus usually like $100. While welding idt i have ever got a bonus.

·
κολασμένος
18,390 Posts
We usually get a year end bonus depending on how the year went. Over the years it's varied from a turkey (2009) or a 50 dollar gift card(2010) to all inclusive trips to Cabo or Cancun or an extra months salary. Surprisingly this year was good.

Reactions: NewWaveGuy

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
I guess I’m chintzy. I get my renters a fruit basket from our local high school FFA chapter. It’s not much, but seems appreciated.

·
Registered
743 Posts
I get a $200 safety incentive bonus if I don’t get injured on the job and miss work in the prior year.

·
Registered
4,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
I did get fired once on Christmas Eve, it was over asking for commission owed 6 momths.

Did get 6 weeks later after I had to take company to labor board.

Funny thing was judge added penalty of $200.00.

I was happy. Owner of company went nuts.

Do not think he realized he could get slams for that extra money.

·
Registered
12,057 Posts
When I worked at Citibank many years ago, we would get substantial annual bonuses, like thousands of dollars each year. Then the Great Recession hit, and that was the end of that.

·
Registered
10,101 Posts
My wife works for a small, very wealthy pharma company - she gets a big bonus every year, goes up or down depending on profits and how her work was over the past year.

It is nice being part of the evil pharmaceutical empire.

I do landscaping... when I had employees, I gave cash - anywhere from $50 to $200 depending on longevity of employee, and a few extra paid vacation days around Christmas (unless it snowed - then we all worked for as long as necessary). That was well over decade ago last time I had employees.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
As far as an official holiday bonus, I used to work for a company in the late 70s/early 80s that gave you a bonus based upon hours worked and length of service. Since I was part time, I got something like $20-$30.......hey, it's still free money.

My daughter got a really nice ham from a company a few years ago. Actually, it wasn't for her but from the previous tenant. She called the company about returning it and they said Merry Christmas! It was good eating.

·
Registered
5,287 Posts
LE, no. my one friend had to go hands on w/ some teenager on Xmas morning few years back. got bit, badly at that. whole uniform covered in blood. he took every Xmas off after that if manpower allowed.

I said don't be so sad, it was truly a Xmas miracle, with all the blood tests and follow ups you needed, it was truly the gift that kept on giving... happy holidays...

·
Registered
8,245 Posts
I work for a fortune 50 company where everything is budgeted. Last year I got a tin of nuts. Considering our staff sits all over the world Xmas parties don't exist.

My brother works for CPW which used to have over the top killer xmas parties. Give aways included 10 or more 60" TVs and more electronic gear than a best buy sells in a week.

·
This used to be AMERICA........
1,573 Posts
My bonus will not fit into my garage. Guess I need a bigger garage.............................................................................................................................................................

·
Registered
14,514 Posts
We have had some pretty decent holiday parties in the past with drawings for some nice gifts. I have been part of our activity group that plans this stuff. No small feat with 2 offices in 2 cities with around 8K employees.

I hang with the C suite folks so it is always interesting to hear what other employees think. I dont know who all gets year end bonuses but I do. I hear lots of things in "the bubble" and one of the top exec's. Got a promotion. Her salary was just ok but the bonuses she got were off the charts.

Sent from my SM-T380 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10,688 Posts
AF didn't pay bonuses. But one of our sons normally gets at least 10K each year. It's a big engineering company.

·
Just lack finishing up
3,607 Posts
Got this today:

To receive a 2020 performance award, an Officer must:
  • Receive a Rating of Record of “Meets Standards” for the 2020 performance appraisal period;

• Be employed with their Agency as of the effective date of the performance award; and

• Have an appointment effective date (date of hire) on or before June 30, 2020.

• Every member who meets this criteria will receive a $1,200 performance award.
  • View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQXuazYI_YU
I got the same letter. Or, pretty darn close.

·
Registered
849 Posts
Used to get a holiday bonus at the old job that amounted to a couple hundred dollars after taxes. Nice gesture, but it went straight to the daycare fund. Then I heard the organization (non-profit) typically ended each year with $1.9-$2.1 million under budget. Cheap asshats.

·
Ornery & Irreverent
11,159 Posts
Several posts make me truly smile. Obviously most posting never worked for and with civil practice lawyers :ender:

·
Philippians 4: 6-7
9,527 Posts
My bonus was having a job there.

Reactions: fjrdc and lazarus66

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
Probably about $25G’s total this year

21 - 40 of 75 Posts