Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have both the G43 and G43X. I absolutely love the G43x and it fits so well in my hands. However, I find myself carrying the G43 far more often. There are very few tshirts I can wear that won’t print at least some when I carry the G43x but I can get away with it with the G43.
I do love the G43. I shoot it well and I love how well it conceals.
I almost feel guilty for not carrying the X since it has 4 more rounds but I’m always afraid someone will notice the X.
Anyone else find yourself going with the G43 more often than the G43x?

·
Premium Member
2,572 Posts
Same here, and why I only rented the G43X at the range before I made the decision whether to but one or not. A nice shooter, with a better 'feel' in the hand than the 43, with less 'snap' too. But I just couldn't get the 43x to comfortably fit in my front pocket like the G43 does, and it prints too easily.
Needless to add, but I didn't buy the G43X.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I wish I had a 43 so I could have that dilemma. I've been intrigued about it. I originally bought the 43x because I told myself that 6+1 is not enough. But, everytime I go to the LGS, I look at it, and it looks back, and I think there may be a match. Hmmm... GlockTalk influenced me to buy a 43x, and then a 26.5, both of which I LOVE. I think the 43 could be next. Or, maybe find a 43 full lower/frame somewhere.

·
Registered
4,182 Posts
The G43 is the ultra concealment sweet spot.

Personally, I've switched to the P365 and despite the fact that they seem equally small, just that slightly thicker grip on the SIG prints a little more on me under a t-shirt. No such problem when I had the 43.

I'd have to dress around the X, and once you're doing that, you can go with a 19 or 17 or 21 or whatever.

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
I carry my G43X quite often, but more when it's warm and it's harder to conceal my 1911. I belt carry.

Reactions: papaac

·
G43 Fanboy
2,483 Posts
I only held a G43X at my LGS. It felt very nice in my hand. It is very similar to my favorite G43, and it holds 3 more rounds than my G43 with MagGuts+1…. But in the end, I could not get over the grip length, even with a special discount I could have had for the purchase to make it similar to the Blue Label price or even lower…
And yes, I also own a P365, but I’m still carrying my favorite G43 as my EDC.:LOL:

·
Registered
476 Posts
Pocket carry the 43 with one in chamber with a pocket holster without the pinky extension. Any taller and I'd look for a different EDC. If it really takes more that 7 just call us fudged.... Really don't like p36 and Hellcat; yuk.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Yeah, I'm wearing mine now. I have toyed with the idea of a 43X, but concerns of bending down to pick stuff up, etc. I have small kids, so picking stuff up is a constant, and I know it doesn't matter, but I don't want some weirdo AG soccer mom noticing I got some heat and freaking out in the local Walfart. LOL The 43 and 26 are the go-to EDCs these days. The 365 is an important consideration, but I just don't love it like I love the 'inferior' Glock 43. Also had a 48, gone.

Just posted them in other threads, but I just did tape cuts yesterday and today. :) Those are my go-to CCW guns after shooting and carrying a lot of different stuff in the last 18 months. Made the mistake of getting rid of both a 26 and a 43, and crawled back, and won't ditch them again.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
I wish I had a 43 so I could have that dilemma. I've been intrigued about it. I originally bought the 43x because I told myself that 6+1 is not enough. But, everytime I go to the LGS, I look at it, and it looks back, and I think there may be a match. Hmmm... GlockTalk influenced me to buy a 43x, and then a 26.5, both of which I LOVE. I think the 43 could be next. Or, maybe find a 43 full lower/frame somewhere.
Big Tex has complete oem 43 lowers for $99. I bought one to use with my 43x. Works great.

·
Florist
20,776 Posts
43 or 43X. You should carry what works for you, not third party public opinion or confirmation.

Just saying.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
1 - 20 of 48 Posts