close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Dismiss Notice

You are browsing the classified section of GlockTalk.com, by doing so you agree to follow the terms of service.

http://www.glocktalk.com/pages/classifieds-tos/

Anyone shopped at WRB?

Discussion in 'Smart Shopper' started by Rawny, Jul 15, 2004.

1. Rawny

Rawny Cheshire Dawg

If you have recently purchased merchandise from WRB, monitor your credit card activity. It is possible that your personal information is in the wrong hands.

I received a sales invoice today from a company I've never heard of in the mail. It appears I have ordered a 20G HD and a backlit display for someone I've never heard of in FL.

I immediately contacted my credit card company. Fortunately, the charge has not yet posted. I will be calling the vendor tomorrow to rectify the problem, as they have closed for the day.

Upon examining the invoice, I noticed that my street address was misspelled. Right away, I remember making that same spelling error when I ordered a soft padded case for my SU-16 a month ago.

I dug up my invoice from WRB, and there it was--the exact same error. That was the only time I ever misspelled my own address when ordering online, so it sticks in my mind. ^2 Not only that, but my credit card numbers and exp. date were listed whole on my invoice. A black marker was used to cover it up, but the numbers can easily be seen under the right lighting.

So, it is probable that someone got a hold of my invoice before shipment and use it for a PC upgrade. :steamed:

I'm still debating whether to contact WRB, since I might end up talking to the very person responsible for this. I might talk to the police, since I found a clue that could developed into a lead.

Again, keep an eye on your credit card activities.

2. striderglock

striderglock HVACR

WRB sells at my local gun shows, they're nice folks. Obviously they need to upgrade how they process CC transactions. Leaving the entire number and exp date is just stupid.

But then, I use Visa with zero liability so I don't really care. I'll just dispute what isn't mine and get a new card.