close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Anyone Shoot bullseye with a Glock?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by SKYWLKR, Jul 23, 2003.

1. SKYWLKR

SKYWLKR

I'm thinkin on getting a 21 and would like to use it for bulls eye competiton.

I reload for .45 so cost really is'nt an issue.

any one mount a red dot to thiers?

I got a 22/45 competition for the rimfire round because I was going to build a 1911 for competiton but I want a full size .45 to sit beside my bed.

2. Rotwang

Rotwang ---

You can be pretty sure that you'll be the only guy at the match with one. I shoot a lot of bullseye and use a Glock in USPSA production. Strong hand only isn't easy with a double action trigger at short ranges, bullseye matches are run at 25 and 50 yards.

I've seen good groups shot with a Glock with or without a dot at 25 yds but that was two handed. Try shooting one like that before you buy it just for Bullseye.

Download the 21 and shoot GSSF, USPSA production, and have fun.

3. Mayonaise

Mayonaise

I'm with Rotwang on this. You might go for it but I doubt you'll be competitive. Glocks are combat accurate, not bullseye accurate.

The G21 is probably the least popular glock because of it's size.

4. murph2127

murph2127

There was an article in combat handguns 3-4 years ago by Walt Rauch. It was called "50 Yard Glock?". Walt and 2 gunsmiths tuned up a G21, added a dot sight, and did some bullseye shooting with it. Wasn't bad, though it wasn't a tuned 1911 either.

Ted

5. SKYWLKR

SKYWLKR

Yea good info I hadnt really thought about the trigger on it .But I have felt some nice Glock triggers...

but I'm not in to modifing a GLOCK, maybe a propoint 2000 and thats about it... but no trigger work I was going to use it for a season or two till I get my stockk 1911 to play with..

I usually end up in the middle of the pack with a ruger 22/45 with iron sites (now has a red dot and balanced) and a borrowed .45 for the rest. so I am a failry strong shooter.

BTW what is the Bullseye forums? I used to have it but cant find it any more....?

6. Rotwang

Rotwang ---

Start at http://www.bullseyepistol.com/ for all kinds of information about bullseye shooting.

the bullseye mail list info is

To: Bullseye-L-REQUEST@lava.net + Subject: subscribe
    - For DIGEST version use Bullseye-L-DIGEST-REQUEST@lava.net
    - Post list messages to Bullseye-L@lava.net
    - Full info at http://www.lava.net/~perrone/bullseye

I don't know of a forum like GLock Talk for Bullseye.

7. MFinch

MFinch Guest

I'd check into one of Clark bullseye guns advertised at the GunsAmerica website under "custom pistols".

8. Sniper 7.62

Sniper 7.62

Here's my red dot ;f ;f If you are going to put a red dot on your Glock 21 you'll need a Carver weaver style if you are going to use more than one stlye of optic or if you are going to use a C-More like the one in my pic you can get the C-More Carver Mount in a combo form Bobby Carver at www.bb-enterprise.biz cause there is no stronger mount made!!

9. BCarver

BCarver CLM Millennium Member

As an "old Master" Bullseye shooter, I will put my 2 cents in:

1. If you had a light 1-2 lb trigger on your Glock with the overtravel and takeup reduced, the ergonomics of the Glock grip and the trigger would be easier than the vertical grip of the 1911 I've used for years.

2. I have G21's and G17's that will shoot a 2" group at 50 yards which would be marginal for accuracy when shooting Slow Fire.

3. Timed and Rapid fire would not be a problem with the Glock. In fact, for fun sometimes when I'm practicing, I shoot the timed and rapid stages using the one handed position at the 25 yard target in the G to Glock stage and can keep all of my shots in the X and 10 ring of the NRA Timed/Rapid target centers.

4. I would not consider the stock sights as "the best" choice for iron sights. Installing a set of BoMars with a square post would give you the same sight picture as the 1911.

5. If you chose to use a red dot, I would suggest using an Aimpoint and a CARVER Mount. The mount will position the red dot the closest to the bore as you can get. Of course either the C-More or any Weaver base sight would be great, too.

If you live in an area that shoots Bullseye regularly, it might be interesting to promote a Bullseye match for Law Enforcement and Civilian, using Glocks only. The matches are easy to run, easy to score and do not require holsters, etc.