Anyone sent their Glock to Georgia for an overhaul?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by SJCTristen, Sep 6, 2005.

1. SJCTristen

SJCTristen

Does anyone know if you can have them upgrade your lower to a gen 3? I heard they will overhaul it for free, but I'm not sure if that is the case and if it is, whether you can have them upgrade the lower or not.

2. SlammedDime

SlammedDime G23 Member

AFAIK, they won't upgrade your receiver to a new gen. It would basically consist of just replacing the lower with a gen 3 lower, also since the receiver is the actual gun, as defined by the atf anyway, I don't think they would do it. Does that make sense? lol.

3. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

Glock is not in the business of upgrading frames to Gen 3 frames, but they will replace any worn internal parts free. You can buy new frames at www.glockmeister.com

4. SJCTristen

SJCTristen

Yeah that makes sence, I guess I will just call Glock tomorrow and find out from the horses' mouth. I was thinking they could transfer the serial number to the new lower but I guess I will find out tomorrow.

5. FrankM

FrankM

Last time I checked on it they will charge you $150-$160 for a replacement frame. It will have the same serial # on it with the addition of a 1 on it to show the frame has been changed out.

6. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

Transferring a serial number would be a violation of Federal Law. Don't expect Glock to break any laws.

7. SJCTristen

SJCTristen

Ok, here is the the skinny. I just got off the phone with Smyrna, GA and they said that they can upgrade the lower but it will cost 150 (for a glock 19) and you get a whole new serial number for it. Thanks for everyone's help. I orginally purchased the gun for 399, so another 150 to basically make the gun new and up to date is about the price for a brand new one, not horrible if you ask me.

8. SJCTristen

SJCTristen

Hey guys, so whats with everyone being a glock armour but me? haha Do you take a class or something? Do you guys think the class is worth it? Can anyone take the class?

9. boze2043

boze2043

You forgot to mention that when you want to upgrade a frame or replace a frame you have to send in the old one. They need to destroy the old frame when they issue you the new frame. I checked on this myself last Friday with Glock and Glockmiester because I was going to change my 2nd gen. G21 to a 3rd gen. They both told me I need to send the old frame to them to be destroyed.

You might get away with keeping your old frame if you don't tell then that you are upgrading. I am going to see if I can just purchase a frame outright.

10. Raden

Raden ZEDU Armorer CLM

If they did replace the frame, yes they will mail it directly to you. I know because when they replaced my g23 that went kaboom they shipped the replacement directly to me, and no I'm not a FFL.

11. T. Harless

T. Harless

Sorry bud, that's classified.