Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Banned
9,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read that Intratech used to make a retractable wire buttstock for their TEC-9 when they were still in business. The threaded muzzle allows for a barrel extension or sound suppressor. It would be real easy to use build up aTEC-9 into an SBR with vertical fore grip on extended barrel and a wire buttstock

·
Native Mainiac
26,331 Posts
Is this a contest for putting the most letters together that don't spell a word in a thread tittle that is on the wrong forum??

·
Premium Member
15,486 Posts
Sir,
I have a Intertec TEC 9. For the life of me I don’t know why.
I probably haven’t shot it in 15 years. From what I remember it’s a Jammo-matic.

For a conversation or eclectic collection piece, sure keep it. But pimping it out and actually firing it, hell no.

·
Registered
21,868 Posts
Didn't the gangers go big time for the TEC-9?

·
First throwing ax bullseye.
2,577 Posts
Sir,
I have a Intertec TEC 9. For the life of me I don’t know why.
I probably haven’t shot it in 15 years. From what I remember it’s a Jammo-matic.

For a conversation or eclectic collection piece, sure keep it. But pimping it out and actually firing it, hell no.
Went shooting with a classmate back in the 80's. He had one of these things. I don't think he could get off more than two shots before the thing would jam.

Reactions: Rotn1

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
25 years ago. The TEC-9 is garbage but it looked like a submachine gun so it was used in a lot of movies. Drug dealers who knew nothing about guns except what they saw on the screen and mass murderers like Dylan Klebold used them.

·
Registered
23,343 Posts
Yep. It was also often mentioned in rap songs in the early 90s.

I remember an episode of Cops where some under covers were patrolling and saw a guy with a gun bulge, then went after him. It was a Tec 9. The cops laughed at him for thinking he could hide it in his waistband. The guy even had a Tec 9 tattoo.

·
Banned
799 Posts
Yep. It was also often mentioned in rap songs in the early 90s.

I remember an episode of Cops where some under covers were patrolling and saw a guy with a gun bulge, then went after him. It was a Tec 9. The cops laughed at him for thinking he could hide it in his waistband. The guy even had a Tec 9 tattoo.
With a long bolt in it for a charging handle.

·
NRA Life Member
68,267 Posts
I'm going to customize my tec 9, but first I'm saving up for some custom wheels for my 1974 Ford Pinto and maybe get some hand engraving on my Ruger P-85. :rofl:

Reactions: ronin.45

·
Daca is caca
3,928 Posts
The extra leverage would make clearing jams easier

·
Registered
8,325 Posts
I read that Intratech used to make a retractable wire buttstock for their TEC-9 when they were still in business. The threaded muzzle allows for a barrel extension or sound suppressor. It would be real easy to use build up aTEC-9 into an SBR with vertical fore grip on extended barrel and a wire buttstock
Well the big problem with the Tec 9 was jamming problems. 30 years ago I bought 4 of them on sale. They all jammed after 3-4 shots. Sold two of them and worked on the last two. One I did get to feed well and could actually bump fire all 32 rounds. Eventually sold it a number of years ago. Accuracy was questionable, but I could keep all rounds on a man sized target at 50 yards.
They were not made well and would break all too often. The were liked by gang members but even they got rid of them because they jammed so often.
I would suggest not wasting your time on them.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts