Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My GSG 1911 hits point of aim with the factory barrel, also point of aim with the aftermarket thread adapter barrel.

My suppressor hits point of aim on my P22, and my Browning Buck Mark.

When I combine the accurate GSG with the accurate suppressor; it shoots 2 or 3 inches low left!

Anyone heard of this or have any ideas?

·
...2 of 'em
1,280 Posts
stupid question but I gotta ask...same ammo in all? Have you tried different ammunition in the GSG and still get the consistent low left?

Only thing I can speculate is, as the projectile is leaving the barrel in the GSG, the gasses exiting the barrel are changing your projectile's path. This is a consideration in every weapon, but especially a supressed one.... I guess it must be the way the gasses expel from the barrel in the GSG, that's just a bit different than the Walther and Browning, and that's throwing you off. Hmmmmm.......:dunno: Weird

·
Registered
534 Posts
This is not an explanation as to why this is happening, although POI is known to change when adding a suppressor. That is why some suppressors have features that allow the user to adjust the POI.

In this case, assuming your suppressor doesn't have this feature, I would suggest adjusting your POA to match POI. If I'm not mistaken, the GSG comes with three different height font sites and the rear sights are windage adjustable. So, if hitting low switch out to your shortest front sight post, and then drift your rear sight to adjust for the left impact.

I know this will cause the same problem, but in reverse, when not using the suppressor... I don't have any suggestions that will solve this problem.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Send a PM to Fireman1291

He has the GSG 1911 that he runs suppressed with a Silencerco 22Sparrow. He also has many, many, many more suppressors. So you could easily say he knows a lot about them.

·
Firefighter/EMT
2,550 Posts
:wavey:

What suppressor are you using? Have you checked for baffle strikes? Where you shooting it wet? Need more info.

My GSG1911/sparrow shoots better than my P22, in fact im selling the P22 today and buying a Beretta21a.

The reason suppressors change POI is mostly because they throw off the barrel harmonics. You can hang a 15oz dead weight off a remmy700 and change the POI. The 2nd reason for it is poorly designed baffle stacks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts