close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Anyone running a mixed set of WTS and 10-8 sights on their Glocks?

Discussion in 'Sights, Optics and Lasers' started by pcauwels, Jan 6, 2010.

1. pcauwels

pcauwels

Let's try the right forum this time...

Anyone running a mixed set of WTS and 10-8 sights on their Glocks?
    After some research on different sight setups I was looking at doing the following on my G34 and G19 (IDPA guns)

Front sight - Warren Tactical Series Front Sights
    WTL-SCP-_5 - Fiber Optic Front - .215 high x .115 wide - Ramped Serration / 50 LPI - Sold alone, or in combo with any of the WTS rears [except tritium]. The fiber optic front sight comes with over 2" [ea] of .040 red & green F/O.
    WTS Front Sight

Rear sight - Glock rear sight, .140"
    Precision CNC machined from heat treated 4140 bar stock, these sights are designed to withstand the rigors of hard duty use. The sight features a .140" wide U notch for fast alignment with tritium dot or gold bead front sights. The rear face is serrated at 40 lpi to reduce glare in varied lighting conditions. The sight blade is thick enough to allow setting tritium vials as dots or bars if one so chooses, and is contoured and dehorned for comfortable handling and carry. Plain black blade, finished in matte black manganese phosphate. Fits all Glock models in all calibers. This rear sight is not compatible with Glock factory front sights (to include Trijicon/Meprolight/Glock night sights) and should be used in conjunction with our front sights or similarly dimensioned aftermarket front sights. In most Glock models, this rear sight will be compatible with a .215" front. User installation instructions included.
    10-8 Rear Sight

So my question is anyone else running this setup or a similar setup?
    The 10-8 guys recommend their front sight which is .125" wide as compared to the WTS front sight which is .115" wide.

I've read some posts where folks have been really pleased with the WTS front and rear but I'm looking for more of a "U" shaped rear (hence the 10-8 rear sights).

Will the .140" 10-8 rear sight be too wide for the .115" WTS front sight?
    I couldn't find how wide the WTS rear sight is that matches to the .115" WTS front sigt for comparison.

Any insight will be appreciated.
    Thanks.

2. pcauwels

pcauwels

bump. Is anyone running a similar setup?

3. samuse

samuse

I used to have some Sevigny's, I didn't like 'em much because the .115" front was just too narrow for me. I now use 10-8's .140" rear with their Brass bead front and LOVE it. Very fast and accurate. I would not recommend the WTS front and the 10-8 rear. I think the sight picture will be too sloppy. If you want a fiber optic front look at Dawson Precision's site, they have a lot of front sights.