Glock Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I'm seriously considering sending my g19 or s&w M&P9c off to ATEi for slide milling to fit an RMR. I'm definitely wanting to go w/ the RMR, but I'm unsure of what model. The adjustable LED rmr02 seems to be what most are using, but I was thinking of getting the self-illuminating model. My reasoning is that since the RMR is used for more speedy target acquisition, how am I supposed to draw my weapon, and then fidget with the brightness on the LED model if needed quickly? I have a friend w/ the adjustable LED, and its a hoot to shoot, but we're constantly pressing buttons to get the right brightness.
Thoughts?

·
Transform & Win
3,351 Posts
The RM02 6.5 MOA LED is not manually adjustable, and operates only in auto-adjust mode. The RM07 6.5 MOA Adjustable LED can operate in either manual adjust mode with 8 brightness settings or in auto-adjust mode like the RM02.

I run the RM07 in auto-adjust mode during the day for CCW and switch to manual mode at night at home to increase the brightness (my preference in a very dark bedroom). The manual adjustable mode is also very handy if you have astigmatism to turn down the brightness and reduce the "blooming" of the reticle. The RM07 is well suited for night vision goggles if you ever want/need to use that equipment.

The most common criticism of the dual-illuminated model RMR is how it performs in unusual lighting conditions, for example, shooting from a position in shade or darkness to a target in bright sunlight. The reticle appears washed out. It's also more difficult to see against a white background in the dark under the bright light of a tac light.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks so much for your reply... big help... So do you just leave your RMR on when carrying? Does the auto-adjust work pretty well? How often do you replace the battery?
Sorry for the ?'s, its just that its a lot of money so I wanna get the best bang for my buck...

·
Transform & Win
3,351 Posts
Thanks so much for your reply... big help... So do you just leave your RMR on when carrying? Does the auto-adjust work pretty well? How often do you replace the battery?
Sorry for the ?'s, its just that its a lot of money so I wanna get the best bang for my buck...
The RMR LED is always on 24x7. In fact, you have no other choice with the RM02 because it doesn't have an on/off switch. Another advantage of the RM07 Adjustable LED is it can be turned off to conserve battery power, but I don't bother.

Battery life for the RM02 and RM07 is rated at two years in auto-adjust mode with typical use. In manual mode, the RM07 battery is rated at four years of continual use at brightness setting #4. At the brightest setting (setting #8), the battery is rated at 25 days continual use.

Replace the battery once a year and you won't have any worries.

Auto-adjust mode works pretty well for the LED in various lighting conditions and I have no concerns about leaving it in that mode. However, I use the manual adjust mode at night at home as mentioned in my earlier post, and occasionally during target shooting at an indoor range because I have moderate astigmatism in my eyesight and I can get a clearer dot with a lower brightness setting.

·
Registered
889 Posts
Yes.
TSD g17. I cannot say enough good things about this setup. Ameriglo suppressor night sights are a great idea (for me, at least) to supplement the system. My particular pistol utilizes the RMR 02 new series, 6.5moa. da bomb.

dan

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.