Glock 17 Anyone replaced the trigger in a G17

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by ccagle, Mar 30, 2003.

Tags:
  1. ccagle

ccagle

I was looking to reduce the trigger pull in my g17. Anyone installed the Complete Stock Competition Trigger Package from Glockmeister? If so, is it "drop-in" as the site suggests? I believe that this trigger package reduces the trigger pull from 5.5lb to 3.5lb. I will be using this trigger for range use only, not as a carry weapon.

Thanks....

2. fuchikoma

fuchikoma

I'm not too familiar with aftermarket trigger parts, but even if it's not as simple as it seems, the trigger assembly is quite easy to work with. My advice is not to worry about it if you have a small pin punch handy. (Anyone know the armorer's tool size? 3/32" ?)

Basically, to remove the entire assembly, you push out the locking block pin, (above the trigger pin, if it's there at all,) then the trigger pin, remove the (now free) slide stop lever, then push out the trigger assembly pin, and lift the assembly out by the ejector.

There are three things to note: All pins are to be pushed from the gun's left side, out the right. Looking at them, it seems unimportant, but that's what it recommends in the Armorer's Manual. When putting the trigger pin in/out, gently moving the slide stop lever from side to side may help. Also, very important, the locking block pin comes out, AND goes in before the trigger pin.

Once you do it the first time, you'll be amazed at how easy it is.

3. Glockster_James

Glockster_James Man W/ A Badge

I forget who got that kit from Glockmeister but they seemed to be happy with it even though considering it was a competition trigger, we felt it should have been polished before being shipped out but doesn't take much to polish up. Fairly easy and fun. Goodluck. ;I

4. Tom B

Tom B Millennium Member

I have used the Glockmeister Competition Trigger kit in a G17 as well as other Glocks. Its nothing more than a stock trigger assembly with a 3.5 connector. Its only advantage is to give you a second quick change assembly that is really no quicker than changing connectors. I used mine for carry all the time and I still have all my toes and other body parts. ;)