Home > The Main Room > The Okie Corral > Anyone remember that great feeling after you just met someone special?

Anyone remember that great feeling after you just met someone special?

1. Like walking on air.

walking on air.gif

2. Yep, same feeling everyday for 26 years. I still get that pit in my stomach.

3. [​IMG]

4. Yup.
    Every morning, when I see my wife. She's the love of my life.

5. Yep, I never failed to get that feeling when my wife would come home in the morning.

I kid....I kid. :kidding::kidding:

6. Been a long time since I've felt that, going on 18 years now. I need to get out more.

7. No.

#foreveralone

8. reality-of-infatuation.gif

9. I have felt that way many times.. while walking out of a gun store with a new, longed-for acquisition.

10. [​IMG]

11. Yes, almost 40 years ago when we started dating.
    Everyday I still realize how lucky I am.

12. I know the feeling. is like a kick in the nuts, early in a winter morning.

13. First time Hannie liked one of my posts....

14. Yep ..... every time a good looking woman flashes me :D

15. Yes, the day I played the Pipes for Bob Hope's birthday party. I told him, thanks for the memories. tom. :kilt:

16. Lately, I’ve been taking stock of how lucky a man I am that my bride hitched her wagon to my mule nearly 35 years ago.

Sometimes I look at her in amazement. Not sure that it’s the same feeling we had when we first met. Seems so much more intense now.

Having a devoted relationship with some who has literally shared every part of your life for so long, is a beautiful thing.

It doesn’t work out for everyone, which makes me even more thankful.

Gift from God! No question.

17. Yep. Every day.

Still feel like that, 30 plus years and counting.

18. Then, later on while you reminisce about it. :)

walking on air 2.gif

19. Yes i know the feeling, That's common sense leaving your body. I always try to snap out of it very quick #Foreveralone

20. Do not. I repeat. Do not fall for it.

21. :agree:

22. His wife must be amazing if both of you feel that way. Man, this “lifestyle “ thing is really getting out of hand.

23. :agree:

24. Every day for 16,572 days....:hearts:

25. It's nice to hear so many are crazy about their women. Or some have women with access to their Glocktalk postings. :)

Wonder if @Hannie Caulder has any inkling of this. ;)

26. :crazy:

27. Every time I click on GT.:kidding:

28. You mean that feeling of the chemicals tricking your brain into ignoring what's actually happening? Yep.. Familiar with it.. I now recognize those signs as "DANGER WILL ROBINSON!" moments. Expedient loss of financial resources ahead! Beware! Bridge is OUT! STOP NOW! Alter course! RUN! RUN LITTLE DOGGY!

The good thing about those "chemicals" is that as you get older, your big head is better able to resist the urges of the little head when they are involved.

29. I know, crazy idea. Who would do that?

30. Allow me to summarize that sentiment.

[​IMG]

31. Yeah, it must be wonderful for the people that meet me.

32. Yes. About 30 hours ago.

33. I think thats the feeling I got when I walked out of divorce court.

34. I never had that feeling with anyone who bothered to give me the time of day. I always chalked that feeling up to raw attraction and nothing more.

After a massively traumatic event, I lost a large part of my emotional spectrum and it appears I am no longer able to experience that feeling.

On the surface, this kinda sucks. However, my "big head" always overrides what the "little head" is trying to do and it has kept me from ruining my life on quite a few occasions.

35. Everyday since 8/74

36. Had a five minute chat about boots, guitars, and Jimmy Buffet with Jerry Jeff Walker... 1976 I think... Good stuff there for certain...

37. Anyone remember that great feeling after you just met someone special?
    That feeling will pass, unless you're blind or incredibly gullible/needy.

38. You're such a sweetie. I'm blushing.

And that happens every day, right?

Thank you for pointing it out. You're a sweetie too.

39. Sure do. When the doctor came in and told me I didn’t have colon cancer.

40. I know what you mean, i lost a lot of money divorcing that witch, Now i can have some peace of mine.

41. I wish. Only happens every few years.

42. Capture.JPG

43. Yep, I still remember that first kiss. It was like I was hit in the chest with a sack of potatoes.....a feeling that’s been going on since 1980 or so....

44. Hahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

45. Yep, I still remember that first kiss. It was like I was hit in the chest with a sack of potatoes.....a feeling that’s been going on since 1980 or so....

46. I remember it. Unlike all the long time married guys (I'm jealous by the way), I no longe get it. I remember it fondly. It didn't go a way that long ago. Our divorce is final in August. I miss the woman she was 12 years ago. Not who she is now.

47. I know that feeling, it happens right before the ground falls out from beneath your feet.

It’s like the canary in the coal mine. Take heed of its warning, there is danger afoot

48. Pretty much sounds right, I promised myself that i will never have to feel that way ever again. giving you heart and attention is so risky.

49. Maybe you need to pull over more women for traffic stops. They might flash you to get out of a ticket.