Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Glock 26 Gen 4
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So it appears I can't for the life of me remember where any of my cleaning supplies are so I have to purchase everything new again, looking for a 9mm cleaning kit, I have ballistol for the cleaning & lubing just need the physical stuff. Thanks

·
M62/76
12,527 Posts
Everything you need is at Walmart
Yeah, just a general all-purpose or 357/.38
cleaning kit will fit the bill just fine.

Reactions: -JCN-

·
Glock 26 Gen 4
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks everyone that what I thought but haven't bought any physical stuff in a long time and wanted to make sure to not buy something I did not need or waste money on.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
I am old school and the only purpose built hardware I use is a cleaning rod or 2. I like a two keep 2; one with a changeable tip in case I want to use a bore brush ( which I rarely do) and the other I just keep the plastic slotted patch tip on . I just use common cheap toothbrushes for what you would use that type of brush for.

A newer disposable item I am coming to like are the purpose made q tip thingies.

I have started using puppy “ wee pads” as a cleaning mat. When done, I roll up my gloves and dirty patches in it for disposal.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
I wouldnt bother with a "kit". Most are over priced and youre better off making your own.

Id buy three or four of the cheap aluminum threaded rods (6"- 9") that have a round loop on the end. That way you dont have to keep changing out the tips.

Buy a couple of brass jags and loops. You dont need one for each caliber, a couple of basic ones will cover most of your needs. .22, .30, .44 would do most things. A small .22 brass loop will work with all of them.

Buy bronze and SS bore brushes by the multi pack when you can. I use .22, .38, and 45 brushes for everything I shoot pistol wise.

A set of small wire brushes and picks. They usually come in three packs of different types and last pretty long in you're not too heavy-handed.

A plastic spray bottle for your solvent, and a couple of the cheap plastic "needle oilers" for oil/lube.

Buy the big ~ 2 1/4" square patches in the bulk bags and just cut them to suit.

A cheap $5 plastic toolbox from Walmart holds everything nicely.

I think you'll find doing something like that, and buying the individual things you actually use and need, will be money better spent than one of the premade kits you see in the stores.

Amazon has a lot of this stuff for cheaper than places like Midway, and most of the other "gun" places, and its even cheaper if you have Prime.

Reactions: BergeX

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Bore snakes or their equivalent product/ old toothbrush/ old T-shirt/ old dental picks/ your favorite solvent/ favorite lube.......done.

·
USS Texas BB-35
4,583 Posts
Bore snake 38/9mm size, good oil (Hoppes #9, Balistol, Mobil 1, etc...) box of Q tips, lint free rag. That will get you as clean as you want.

·
MacGyver
7,576 Posts
Toothbrush, paper towels, nylon bore brush and handle that comes with Glock Pistols, dish soap, water, toaster oven.

I've not used a "cleaning kit" on handguns in 15 years.

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
I've purchased a purpose made kit at Walmart, red anodized Hollow handle that you can keep everything inside, 2-piece rod and Patch holder, just get the appropriate brush and bore mop and you're good to go

1 - 13 of 13 Posts