close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Anyone really like their shower?

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by XDRoX, Jul 20, 2012.

1. XDRoX

XDRoX

Anyone really like their shower?
    Here's the situation. This summer I have completely gutted one of our bathrooms. I replaced the floor, all of the 60yr old plumbing, and all new electrical.

All the walls are still out and it's time to run the shower water pipes.

So my question is does anyone have a shower that they really love? Why do you like it and what type of fixtures do you have?

I'm looking for interesting and new ways to run the pipes and install the fixtures.

I have a blank convas to work with so please help me out. Pictures would be great.

BTW, it is a 3'x3' shower, no tub.

Thanks.

2. eracer

eracer Where's my EBT?

I'm a simple man. I have a standard tub with a cheap showerhead that doesn't restrict the flow, and doesn't feel like needles pricking my flesh. It's not detachable.

I don't like horizontal showerheads, and I don't like massaging showerheads, and I don't like rainwater showerheads.

All I need is plenty of good hot water.

Now, if I was a woman....

Last edited: Jul 20, 2012

3. profiler999

profiler999

Rain head shower head is a must. wife likes the portable head on other side.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

4. RenoF250

RenoF250

Can you go bigger that 3'x3'? That would be the biggest improvement.

I like the low-volume spray head - just a round cone with a circle of holes in the middle.

5. Annoyedgrunt

Annoyedgrunt Dry Heat my ASS

I've never seen a shower as much more than water spraying on me to help me wash myself. That being said, I could picture how spending some money and doing some work on it could make it a bit better.

Know what I'd really like? Being able to take a cold shower in the summer. I live in the southernmost part of AZ- aka Hell, in the summer, and during said summer you have two temps of "cold" water- hot, and stupid hot. If you let it run for a minute or two, it cools down to just being hot. :steamed:

6. VELO

VELO

<------ Must....not.....make.....inappropriate......comment.......

7. eagle359

eagle359 Glock Fanboi

You need a COLD shower.

8. BigDeeeeeeee

BigDeeeeeeee Reluctantly Deplorable!

Mines nothing fancy but when we built this place I had them put the heads at about 7'. I hate taking a shower and having it hit me in the belly button.:wavey:

9. All Pro Sports Hero

All Pro Sports Hero

I like mine. Water comes out of it. :shower:

10. Viper16

Viper16

get the shower valve that modulates the hot water and pressure based on uses of hot water (flushing toiler / washing machine) and Pressure (irrigation, washing machine, someone else taking a shower) and then get the jet sprays for massaging. Two shower heads would be sweat...with controls on both sides for inviting lady friends or wifey inside.

I just redid my 3x4" shower and installed a nice in-wall shelf that I tiled and did slate tile with a nice trim piece about 3/4 of the way up from the floor (glass Mosaic), Frameless glass shower door, flat river rock on the floor and stainless steel drain/fixtures. I also put in a light because the black slate tile was dark.

11. captainstormy

captainstormy

I stayed in a hotel once that had a 4x4 foot shower and the water feel from an overhead 2x2 foot round fixture. It was awesome. I took extra showers just to be in it.

Whenever I build my house in a couple of years I'm going to put something like that (but maybe smaller) in the master bath.

12. aplcr0331

aplcr0331

Get your wife (or girlfriend) one of those nice shower heads with the multiple settings on it. Especially with a detachable head and a "massage" setting.

For some reason that is unfathomable to me, women like those. :dunno:

13. jtmac

jtmac Señor Member

My shower head isn't sold in stores in the US. It's Serbian. From what I hear the Serbs are fanatics about their showers.

The Commando 450. Normally, it's only used in the circus, for elephants.

14. BEER

BEER bad example

run the pipping up the wall and into the ceiling so you can turn any shower head into a "rain fall" style head.

also add a bench. if you think standing under a stream of hot water is great for sore muscles wait until you do it while sitting.

a dedicated shelf isn't a bad idea either. that's the one thing i forgot to do to my shower because i figured it was just a novel idea. it wasn't and i wish i had it now that every corner of my shower is covered in 9 billion bottles of the girlfriends "product".

15. larry_minn

larry_minn Silver Member Millennium Member

I like the idea of options. Have a control so you can have a shower head (like rain) from above, one on wall (fairly high) and one on a flexible hose. (the last two can be same showere head. just hooked on wall)
    Make sure all hoses/lines drain will. (week old water in top shower would NOT be fun IMO)
    I do like to be able to control bother volume as well as temp.
    I also like a good shelf (that drains) with good ledge for shampoo, a place to hang washcloth/lofa, etc AND a good grab bar.
    The day will come when you break a leg/other injury. Being able to hang on will be nice. (or if you conserve water by showering with a friend) :) Dang near killed myself but was doing my part to save the planet.

16. i8547

i8547 Without Equal

Well played, Sir... well played.

17. Gregg702

Gregg702 Gold Member

The shower in our new house was described by the builder as a Luxury Shower. It has 2 shower heads, a large glass window(faces the bathroom, not an outside window), and a seat. I have some photos, but it doesn't really give an idea how it looks in real life.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. Glock20 10mm

Glock20 10mm Use Linux!

During the summer yes... the winter... not so much.

19. ateamer

ateamer NRA4EVR

Not from the footage I've seen.

20. Atlas

Atlas transmogrifier

Not what you're asking for here I know, but...
    Ensure there are several "hard points" in the walls located suitably for strong, secure mounting of hand-rails.

Even if you don't need them now, your situation and physical health could require them in the future.