Glock 17 anyone put any subgun ammunition through a G17?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by thetoastmaster, Jun 27, 2007.

Tags:
  1. thetoastmaster

thetoastmaster NOT a sheepdog!

Just curious. The hard primers and milspec components seem to make it perfect for long-term storage. I'm sure the pistol could take the pressure. I just wonder if the stiker could cook off the primer. I'd like to pick up a case or three.

Thanks

-Bo

2. afweinie

afweinie

I am also VERY interested in an answer to this question.

3. modenar1

modenar1

ive shot everything you can think of through my G17,from regular whimpy american loads to full power Hirtenberger L7A1's, the sub-gun ammo. my regular range plinking ammo is nato-spec adcom 124gr at 1250fps. i have not seen a single malfunction. and no sigh of excessive wear. its a glock, it can handle basically any 9mm out on the market.

4. lastevolution

lastevolution "Senior" Member

I should be okay. I believe Hirtenberger has on display a G17 that has eaten quite a few of its subgun rounds.

5. hiram2005p0

hiram2005p0

In my experience don't buy any middle eastern sub-gun stuff. Two Glocks I had would NOT set off the primers. Both lots ihad were Egyption. Would work in a Beretta but not my Glock.:wavey: The Glock will handle the pressure fine tho!

6. eprn

eprn defib jockey

+1 on the Egyptian ammo warning.

I can't speak for 9mm, but the 7.62x39 stuff I've used have the hardest primers I've ever seen.

7. thetoastmaster

thetoastmaster NOT a sheepdog!

Thanks for the advice all. I may just have to buy a smallish amount and see if my G17 will set them off.

8. jcs71

jcs71

I have accidentally shot five rounds that were mixed into other ammo that a friend gave me. I had KB's with all five. My hand was stinging really bad and one blew my mag out so hard that when the mag hit the floor the 33rnd mag did a quick unload. Crap went everywhere. The mag was fine and I just put it back together and started shooting some different ammo. The gun stayed in one piece, thank god. I think I am done with that type of ammo.