Anyone playing Doom III: ROE?

Discussion in 'The Players Club' started by fastvfr, Jun 1, 2005.

1. fastvfr

fastvfr Ancient Tech

Hey gang--

Well, I picked this expansion up last night and have started playing it.

It looks very similar to the original game, of course, except that you play a different Marine and there are new weapons (one ripped straight from HL2-that's right...Gravity Gun!!) and several new breeds of demons.

Oddly, this expansion is more difficult than the original game. The beasties do more damage and can absorb more damage, and there are fewer health, armor and ammo pickups.

Still, for those of you who liked the original creepy Martian fragfest, this one might be worth $25.

It also has MULTIPLAYER!!

2. funbob

funbob do a lil' dance

It is definately a worthwhile purchase for fans of Doom3. The environments are more varied and less claustrophobic, we see the return of the double barrelled shotgun, a few new baddies, and the previously mentioned gravity gun. What I really like about the gravity gun in ROE though that you can't do in HL2 is the ability to capture enemy projectiles and fling them back at the originator of said projectile. There is just something so satisfying about grabbing a fireball shot by an imp and sending it right back. The distortion effect associated with its use is also very cool. The only thing missing is that when you use it to throw an item, it doesn't make any noise when it lands.

And yes, it is a good bit more challenging than the original.

3. fastvfr

fastvfr Ancient Tech

Especially the last Boss!

I've been at the end for three weeks or so--STILL can't beat that guy.

4. Gary_P

Gary_P

I enjoyed ROE, was fun, but the ending left me wanting more............

Gary