Anyone played "True Combat Elite"

Discussion in 'The Players Club' started by DaisyCutter, Jun 4, 2005.

1. DaisyCutter

DaisyCutter

True Combat Elite (TCE) is a free mod for the free game "Wolfenstein Enemy Territory"

TCE is a modern day online first person shooter. You play as a Spec-ops soldier or as a terrorist (terrorists get Glock 19s as a sidearm).

The game is a bit slower, and significantly more deliberate than most first person shooters. There's lots of shooting around corners and from behind cover. Some cover you can actually shoot through. Example, if someone is hiding behing a door, you can hose him down right through the door, same with fences...

You also get to use frag grenades and flash-bangs. You get a pretty severe penalty for fragging a teammate.

Primary weapons are very diverse.

Terrorists: AK47s, shotguns, Sig552s, Mac-10s, assorted sniper rifles.

Specops: M16s, M4s (with aimpoint sights), shotguns, MP5's (9mm, .40, ,45), and assorted snipier rifles.

There's also Desert Eagles.

2. Tvov

Tvov

I haven't. Is this multiplayer only, single player missions, does it have AIbots? I skimmed their website/forum, have to go back. I found the forum difficult to read (dark colors).

I've played Wolfenstein:Enemy Territory a bit in single player... I get very tired of the undead/zombie/demon thing, so I didn't get far. I haven't done any multiplayer with it, I should check that out. One more game to check out...lol

3. DaisyCutter

DaisyCutter

The single-player ET thing PO'ed me too. Too much freaky undead stuff popping out.

Multiplayer is the way to go. Human players are crafty, inventive, and way harder to combat than a PC generated player.