Glock Talk banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Noypi
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seems most if not all of BoGs here use their Glocks for competition, I noticed you guys use the G17, isn't the G34 more of an advantage?

·
Noypi
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Really? I didn't know that! Just browsed the website, it caught my attention stating its used for IPSC stock gun class (I assumed it means production). Thank you very much sir.

·
Remember
1,353 Posts
But if I wanted to shoot a G34 in IPSC standard division, would it be all right? I mean, I don't mind the disadvantage in scoring and the heavier trigger pull vis-a-vis 1911s, I just want to run the gun sometimes in a match so I can practice with it.

·
Noypi
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Originally posted by mikey177
But if I wanted to shoot a G34 in IPSC standard division, would it be all right? I mean, I don't mind the disadvantage in scoring and the heavier trigger pull vis-a-vis 1911s, I just want to run the gun sometimes in a match so I can practice with it.
Di po ba maselan sa bala/reloads?

·
Remember
1,353 Posts
Nope. I haven't experienced a jam with the G34 yet, using both Armscor FMJs and Stronghand/PB Dionisio reloads.

I have even practiced with it while an M3 weapon light was attached, and the light in no way affected the function of the gun.

·
Noypi
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Originally posted by isuzu
Pepe,

Kamusta na? How's your NZ85?
My NZ85 is fine with a few scratches after dropping it a couple of times but the firing pin is still in one piece (knock on wood)! Had a few jams but those are bullet/reload "buntis" issues (fixed this problem already, thanks to JRspeed). Used as a production gun,shot recently at Caloocan firing range, no more jams (800+ rnds already)... its the shooter that needs more fixing now. :)

·
Registered
3,475 Posts
Originally posted by isuzu
Could you load "major" in the G34 if you decide to compete with it in open division?
Yes, but I seriously doubt the longetivity of the breech face of a stock G34 slide with major 9. Caspian slides would probably fare better. And you'd probably be safer using a barrel with better case support like KKM or Bar-sto.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.