Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone here own a Glock 39 or have any experience with them? I have a Glock 26, and I love the idea of having a gun with the same exact dimensions but chambered in a .45, albeit a GAP and not ACP. I've tried the G27, but I'm not a fan of the snappy recoil in such a small gun; I feel the G39 might be an amazing marriage of ideal size and an impressive round. Please chime in!

·
NRA Member
2,412 Posts
Does anyone here own a Glock 39 or have any experience with them? I have a Glock 26, and I love the idea of having a gun with the same exact dimensions but chambered in a .45, albeit a GAP and not ACP. I've tried the G27, but I'm not a fan of the snappy recoil in such a small gun; I feel the G39 might be an amazing marriage of ideal size and an impressive round. Please chime in!
I own a G39; it's my daily concealed carry gun.

Recoil is just a bit worse than my G17.

Great concealed carry gun. 6+1 of .45 in a small package.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Great platform, I own all 3!

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I prefer more bullets. The snappiness of my sub-compact .357 SIG won't be noticed under stress.
I think you might have a valid point...I suppose when the adrenaline is flowing, a difference in recoil may not be nearly as noticeable.

·
Registered
3,507 Posts
I prefer more bullets. The snappiness of my sub-compact .357 SIG won't be noticed under stress.
People got along just fine for years with 5 and 6 shot revolvers and 8 shot 1911's. Not really any different today. Today, my daily carry is my G38. Light and easy to conceal.

·
20,420 Posts
I have all three GAPS, but I carry the G39 most often. The G39 is far more pleasant to shoot than a G27 or G33. Keep in mind the slide is a tad wider than a G26 slide, requiring a G39 specific holster in most cases, but I isually carry mine in a G26 Galco horsehide pocket holster. Pictured below is my G39 on the left in a Blade-Tech Nano holster and my G26 on the right in a Blade-Tech traditional IWB holster.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,841 Posts
I have all three GAPS, but I carry the G39 most often. The G39 is far more pleasant to shoot than a G27 or G33. Keep in mind the slide is a tad wider than a G26 slide, requiring a G39 specific holster in most cases, but I isually carry mine in a G26 Galco horsehide pocket holster. Pictured below is my G39 on the left in a Blade-Tech Nano holster and my G26 on the right in a Blade-Tech traditional IWB holster.
I have shot a g39,but i prefer carrying and shooting a G38, hrs why, less recoil, more accurate more bullets,a pleasure to carry, best shooting most accurate Glock ive ever owned was a g38, and after swearing id keep it, i sold it and now pack a g27, not half the shooter my G38 was, and ive owned and carried almost sall Glocks, If u dont like the recoil in your G26 dont consider a G27, you will hate it, get a G39,or a g38, but try and shool them first....if possible

1 - 10 of 10 Posts