Anyone own a Survival Sheath shoulder holster?

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by emt1581, Jan 5, 2010.

1. emt1581

emt1581 Curious Member

They look like the only one out there, aside from Andrews, making more than just single pistol/mag holder shoulder rigs. And they seem to be the only one making them out of kydex instead of leather.

Does anyone own one? What do you think of them? Worth the money?

Thanks!

-Emt1581

2. mitchshrader

mitchshrader Deceased

Kydex over body armor and BDU's I can see, kydex tucked into my armpit as a holster for SD CCW seems awfully uncomfortable even as a concept. I own a premium leather shoulder holster and some premium leather accessories, and whereas they ain't tacticool, neither are they fragile.

Get what is useful to you, and don't be dazzled by advertising so much. Good enough is good enough. Cheap leaves money for other purposes. Brain surgery it ain't.

3. emt1581

emt1581 Curious Member

Good point. But if not concealing and wearing the rig on top of your clothing...not sure of any such situations other than at the range...but a survival sheath would be nice or maybe an Andrews if you're more of a leather guy/gal.

Does anyone actually own one?

Thanks!

-Emt1581

4. poppabrutus

poppabrutus

I owned one for a Glock 30 that worked great. Every bit as comfortable as a leather Galco rig I owned for a 1911, and quicker to draw since it is just grab and yank.